Tandem (Ashton) #5

Okay first off, I want to say thank you for the support I got last chapter! your comments made me feel all gooey and happy! Thanks all of you, you know who you are!

And I'm sorry for not updating but this past week has been hectic (it was Christmas, what can I say?) and I'll just say I'll update every Saturday!

In New Zealand time, sorry idk about the rest of the world, but just REMEMBER around Saturday is my new updating time. And if your lucky when I'm less busy, other times in the week too.

Around Saturday.

Okay, now to the story!

ShineSupernova

__________________________

*TANDEM
|Edited|
Ashton's POV

The day had finally arrived.

The first of December.

I was in the car with him. I refuse to call him Dad. He doesn't deserve that respect from me, sending me away to a camp which may make me never love again. If it beats me, because I know that girls do nothing for me but guys. . . . I should stop now.

My father had a sly crooked smile on my face. I knew it too well.

It meant 'this is for your own good' or something along those lines.

"I'm glad you're not putting up too much of a fight, Ashton," he sneered.

"No point. I'll only get beaten," I muttered bitterly.

"I'm glad I've got one point through to you." He laughed icily.

I wrung my hands out and fiddled with my fingers to stop me from crying. I hate him.

When we neared a building surrounded by tall fences with barbed wire all along the top, I looked out the window of his flash car, expecting to stop, exceptt we passed it.

Instead, we drove straight away, turned, drove for a few minutes longer, and stopped at a large fence. The grass around the fence was green and lush, and there were small flowers. The camp had animal paintings on the fence, which (in the parts that weren't painted) was light brown.

The building at the front was pretty much white, with a red sign reading 'CAMP MASHTON WELCOMES YOU' in bold letters.

Father slowed the car down to a stop in front of the building and got out of the car to open the door for me.

I got out and he thrust my bags at me with force, almost knocking me over, but I only stumbled away from the car.

I then heard the car screech away with speed so I approached the building, which really didnt look that scary up close, for an anti-gay camp.

I pushed open the front wooden doors to a colorful interior, filled with pictures and paintings of people looking happy.

When I looked closer at all of the pictures, everybody seemed to be of the same gender, which was odd, considering what this place was supposed to be.

I walked up to the counter, which was sorta tall but I could easily look over it, and rung the little bell on it. A few seconds later a male receptionist with slicked back and incredibly styled hair bounced in. I may add he was exceedingly attractive, almost more than Zayn Malik. . . .

"Hi," I murmured nervously.

"Are you here to attend this summer's Camp Mashton?" he said in a deep voice.

"Yes, I'm Ashton Irwin."

"Ah." He took out a clip board and ran his finger down the paper attached to it.

"Ah, you must be Mr. Irwin."

"Yes, that's me." I smiled lightly.

"Brilliant!" He flashed me an award-winning smile, making my heart flutter. Why hire this guy? Honestly!

"Here is all the information you'll need for your stay, if you have any questions just come up here to reception and I'll be happy to help, or talk to the Head if it's anything serious."

He handed me some bright pamphlets and a small sheet of white paper.

"Thanks."

"That includes your cabin number and all the rules, if you would like to read them when you've set all your stuff in prefer at your cabin, which is" - he leaned over my shoulder to check the paper - "boys Cabin 23!!"

"Uh, awesome . . ." I muttered

"Have a great time!" the receptionist laughed, ushering me out another door and into a courtyard.

In the middle of the courtyard was a sign post with lots of yellow signs pointing to paths in all directions.

Some of them read;

• Pool

• Confidence Corse

• High Ropes Challenge

• Main Common Room

• Movie Room/Cinema

• Ice Cream Parlor

• Sweet Shops

• Cabins

• Bathrooms

Before I went down the path leading to 'cabins' I sat down on a little park-like bench to read the pamphlet, and as soon as I read the first paragraph, my recent queries about the place, and Elains cryptic warning, made sense.

This wasn't an anti-gay camp!

This was a camp entirely devoted to brining together the gay community and helping queer kids like me find love.

Today is officially one of the best days of my life, and its barely 11 am.

__________________________

Lol my iPod did that annoying delete-all-my-work thing again, sorry if its not as good as it could have been. And its like 11:30 so I really have to sleep

Hope you like

ShineSupernova