14

"Is she drunk?", Nandini's Mom asked him suspiciously.

"Aunty... She... Actually...", He didn't know what to say.

"She is... That's why she is behaving weird.", Her Dad declared.

"I swear to drunk I'm not God.", She pinched her throat narrowing her eyes.

All 3 of them looked at her weirdly.

"Okay... She is actually too drunk.", Her Mom chuckled.

"Mom Dad... He is my Boyfriend... You all don't believe me? I will prove it to you.", She said walking closer to him.

"Nandini... Stop it... What are you saying?", Manik glared at her.

"I'm saying the truth... See..", she clutched his collar & pulled him for a kiss in front of her own parents making his heartbeat stop for a second.

He immediately clutched her shoulder & pulled her apart. He glanced at her parents who were looking at them with widened eyes.

Her Mom came forward & snatched her out of his arms making her stand beside her.

"What? I'm telling you na that he is my boyfriend.", She snapped at her Mom with a frown.

"Nandita... Take her to her room & make her sleep.", Her Dad said sternly.

"No... First ask him to say that he is my Boyfriend & he is mine... Just mine.", She nagged pointing towards Manik.

At this moment... He really regretted the idea of coming inside her house.

Manik kept quiet looking at her Dad who was glaring at him as if he was a criminal.

"Nandita... Just take her inside.", Her Dad said more sternly this time making her eyes turn teary.

She shrugged her arm away from her Mom stumbling towards Manik making him hold her protectively.

"Manik... You are my Boyfriend right? They are not believing me. Tell them you are. And also tell them that you are mine. Tell everyone that you are mine.", She mumbled through her tears leaning over his chest.

Manik took a deep breath & helplessly looked at her parents who were equally helpless.

She started wailing making Manik worried. He made her look at him.

"Nandini... Stop crying & listen to me.", He said wiping her tears with his thumb.

More tears started flowing through her eyes making him helpless.

"Okay... I'll tell everyone that I'm yours only if you listen to me.", He told her cupping her cheeks.

She nodded at him showing her 32 teeth.

"It's too late... Go to your room & sleep. We will tell everyone tomorrow. Okay?", He tried convincing her. She thought for a while & then happily nodded her head positively.

He tried separating her from himself when she clinged to him more.

"Carry me like you carried me till here.", She told him her arms tightly wound around his neck. Their height difference made it look like she was hanging onto him like a Koala Bear.

He gave a nervous smile to her Dad & waited for his permission. Her Dad nodded reluctantly looking at how stubborn his daughter was behaving.

This time Manik forcefully separated her from him knowing he couldn't lift her the way he did before in front of her parents. Putting his one arm at the back of her knees & the other at her back, he lifted her & started walking towards her room. He didn't realise that her parents never knew he had been here before. And him walking upto her room without asking them where it was would add to their suspicion.