9

Next day Nandini practiced with Fab 5 till evening. She told them about her plan with Manik.

"Nanz... When are you going to propose him?", Mukti asked.

"I don't know... I'll see if I get a chance tonight. Otherwise tomorrow after our performance.", She said half-heartedly.

"I really wanted you to stretch the relationship drama for a little while. But then you aren't comfortable... So we can take our revenge within 2 days. It would be fun seeing him humiliated in front of the crowd.", Alya said sadly.

"Alya.. no... We aren't doing anything in front of the crowd. I don't want this matter to stretch. When I confess to him about the revenge... I don't want a third person in between. I'm doing this for you. We don't have to involve anyone else in this.", Nandini said firmly. She couldn't be this cruel when she knew he was actually in love with her.

"But Nanz..", Alya tried to interrupt.

"No Alya... Also whatever he did with you. Only we know about it. So it is only fair if we take the revenge behind closed doors.", She said.

Alya had to agree with her for the sake of it. She didn't have any other choice... Or did she?

*******************************

"Okay... Nandini Murthy. For this one night... You are not Nanz... You are not a member of Fab 5. You have no revenge to think about. For this one night you are just Nandini.. Manik's Nandini.", She told herself as she was waiting for Manik.

It was exactly 7 when she heard the honking of his car outside her gate. She hurriedly ran outside.

Manik was completely blown away by her look. She clicked her fingers in front of his eyes making him come out of his trance.

"You look gorgeous.", He planted a quick kiss on her cheek making her smile.

"You look no less.", She held onto his shoulder & kissed his cheek too.

"Shall we?", He asked forwarding his hand making her place her hand into his.

He opened the passenger side door for her. Making her sit.. he jogged to the other side & started the car after settling inside.

"Manik... Atleast now tell me what are we going to do?", She asked him.

"You will get to know in some time.", He answered.

She pursed her lips looking outside.

He held her hand & kissed the back of her palm making her look at him.

"Just a few minutes more please.", He pleaded looking into her eyes.

She nodded with a small smile & he concentrated back on his driving.

They reached the place where they had their first kiss. The cliff.

"Here?", She asked him. He nodded gesturing her to step outside.

She was surprised looking at all the arrangements made at a little distance.

All the trees were covered with fairy lights. Music system was placed in a corner & a table for two was placed in the middle. She was mesmerised looking at the view.

"Manik... This...", She didn't know how to express herself. He rubbed the nape of his neck nervously. He gestured her to move forward. He made her sit on the chair & sat opposite to her.

"Did you like it?", He asked her nervously.

"Liked? I loved it Manik. This is so beautiful.", She said making him smile widely.