25

"Okay I've got this. I'll go first... Just follow up. ", He told her as he read the lyrics & tuned his guitar as well.

They were currently in Q Label office practicing in their Music room.

Strumming the guitar, he played the starting piece & began singing.

Tu hi ye mujhko bata de
Chahun main ya naa
Apne tu dil ka pata de
Chahun main ya naa

She followed with a smile over her face. He gave her an appreciative smile as she sung the first line, his fingers still moving gracefully over the guitar strings.

Tu hi ye mujhko bata de
Chahun main ya naa
Apne tu dil ka pata de
Chahun main ya naa

He continued with his melodious voice making her smile widely. She just kept listening to him with her palm over her cheek.

Itna bata doon tujhko
Chaahat pe apni mujhko
Yun tto nahi ikhtiyaar
Phir bhi yeh socha dil ne
Ab jo laga hoon milne
Poochhu tujhe ek baar

"Manik! You know your voice... it's melodious.", She told him with dreamy eyes while staring at him unblinkingly.

"Nandini Murthy... If you are forgetting... then we are here to practice & not to praise my singing skills.", He mocked with a slight blush over his face.

"Okay fine let's do it again.", She whined for being interrupted in her staring session.

He laughed at her antics & continued strumming his guitar.

Soha who was standing at the door of the Music Room fumed seeing them together having fun.

"Hello guys!", She interrupted their practice as soon as Manik started with the first stanza.

"Good Morning Ms. Khurana.", Manik greeted her formally.

"Darling... I hope you have no problem practicing here.", Soha stood uncomfortably close to Manik as she asked.

"We are good Ms. Khurana.", He lightly pushed her hand aside from his shoulder & stood up from the chair.

"I'm glad... Before practicing... Tell me what would you like to have? Tea? Coffee? Juice? I'll order right away.", She said in a sugercoated voice.

"No thank you... We would practice first.", He gave her a tight lipped smile.

"Okay so I'll leave you both alone then?", She said reluctantly with a fake smile.

As soon as Soha left Nandini pulled him close holding his collar. Their faces were so close that their breathes mingled with each other.

No one else could get on her nerves as Soha did. The way she looked at Manik, the way she came close to him was not acceptable.

"Mine.", She whispered over his lips giving a small peck at the corner of his lips.

"Only yours.", He assured as he gave a lingering kiss over her forehead making her close her eyes in contempt.

**********************************

"Mom? Dad? You both came home early today?", Nandini asked as she entered the living room.