20

Manik was currently in his room going through some files regarding his new deal. He had left Nandini's house early in the morning when she was still asleep.

His phone's ringtone distracted him from his work. He sighed & closed the file. Leaning over the chair he picked up the phone to see it was an unknown number.

He received it only to hear an overexcited voice.

"Manik! Did you get the invite? You are coming right?"

"Excuse me? Who is this?", He frowned.

"It's Soha... Soha Khurana."

"Ohh Good Morning Ms. Khurana. I'm sorry but what invite were you talking about?", He scrunched his eyebrows in confusion.

"The party... It's for the film for which you are going to sing. So you being a part of this project should be present there."

"I didn't receive any invite Ms. Khurana.", He told her truthfully.

"What? I had sent my driver personally to give you the invite yesterday. He told me he had delivered it at the correct address.", She frowned.

"He might have come when I was not home. Someone might have received it.", He said.

"Okay so now I'm personally inviting you. You have to be present tonight. You will come right?"

Why was she being so keen on inviting him? Was Nandini right? Was she interested in him?

"I'll try my best Ms. Khurana. Thank you for personally calling me.", He replied politely.

"You have to come Manik. I'll not take a no for an answer.", She said stubbornly.

He finally agreed after lots of pleadings from Soha & cut the call. He knew Nandini was somewhere right. Soha liked him. He had to be careful from that girl. Alya wasn't enough that one more psycho was added to the list?

*******************************

'Pick me up by 7:30 tonight. We'll go together for the party.'

He read Nandini's message.

What were they both doing? Apart from Nandini not giving him an assurance about their relationship, they were behaving like a normal couple. What was he supposed to feel about this? He knew she loved him. But was love enough?

He closed his eyes & stood leaning against his balcony. He didn't have any control over his actions these days. He had never been like this & it had started frustrating him now.

The more he decided to stay away from her... the more he was drawn towards her.

Thinking about it for a while, he let out a frustrated sigh.

'Hmm.', He sent her & kept the phone in his pocket.

"This girl will drive me crazy.", He slowly murmured to himself.

******************************

Nandini was busy searching for a dress to wear at the party when she got a call from Mukti.

"Yes Mickey...", She answered the call.

"Nanz... It's Sunday... Let's party tonight.", She screamed.

"Umm... Mickey I can't come. I actually have to attend Khurana's party. So next weekend may be?"

"Fuck dude... Yesterday it was Dhruv who got some stupid allergy & today you are not there. Can't you skip that party?", Mukti cribbed.