8

Manik came running & lifted Pari in his arms. He came to Nandini's side & held her palm.

"Pari.. Nandini... Why are you both crying? Tell me...", He asked concerned.

Pari & Nandini were crying and the other kids were looking at them turn by turn as if a tennis match was going on.

Pari wobbled her lips looking at him & hugged him immediately. Nandini started hiccuping due to constant crying.

Manik sighed looking at them.

"Ruhaan... You tell me why are they crying?", Manik asked a boy who was also on the verge of crying looking at them.

"After Nandini Di was done giving us chocolates... Pari started asking for you. She thought you left without playing with her. Nandini Di tried diverting her mind but she started crying. Di tried making her stop crying but she didn't stop. Then even Di started crying. Now both of them are crying since last 10 minutes.", He recited it like a story.

Manik didn't know whether to cry or to laugh at the two bunnies. He sat down on the grass with Pari on his lap & pulled Nandini down to sit beside him.

Both of them were still hiccuping a little.

"Pari... Stop crying Baby... I'm here. I had just gone inside to meet Aunt Mary.", He said softly brushing her hair aside kissing her nose which had turned red. Pari snuggled into him tired due to all the crying.

He let her be & turned his face towards the big baby who was waiting for his attention. He tugged at her hand making her look towards him with her soggy eyes & red nose. She was looking elder version of Pari.

"Nandu.. stop crying. See even Pari has stopped crying.", He told her pointing towards Pari who was almost sleeping in his arms.

Nandini wiped her face & tried to look a little presentable. Manik smiled looking at her. He got up with Pari in his arms & held his hand out for Nandini.

"Come with me & freshen up a little."

She nodded getting up holding his hand.

"Babies... You'll go & play. I'll come after making Pari sleep.", He said to the kids who nodded at him.

He took Nandini inside the Villa towards Pari's room. He made her sleep on the bed & placed pillows around her. He gestured Nandini towards the washroom. She went inside.

A smile crept on his lips remembering their crying face. Both of them were looking like cute bunnies. He felt like a responsible Dad who was consoling his baby & her mother.

He just smiled at the thought but then frowned realising what he was thinking.

*****************************

It was evening by the time they bid bye to the kids. They had bonded really well with Nandini too. Nandini promised to visit them again.

Once inside the car... Manik started laughing really hard. Nandini looked at him surprised.

"Manik?", She asked being confused.

He stopped for a second. Looked at her face & once again started laughing. That's when she realised that he was laughing at her expense.

"Nandini... Hahaha... Do you know how funny hahaha... Funny you were looking hahahaha... With that red nose?", He continued laughing.

She started hitting him non stop.

"You... I had told you not to take me there. I knew something like this would happen. I'm really not good with crying kids.", She said annoyed.

"How were you so sure that something like this would happen?", He asked curiously.