35

A new morning came with new confusions and hopes together. Manik was the first one to open his eyes only to feel some weight over his right side. He rubbed his eyes a little and tilted his head  to see Nandini sleeping over his, holding him tightly in her arms. She snuggled more into his neck as his movements disturbed her a bit.

His fingers automatically brushed the few strands of hair from her cheek. He unconsciously trailed his fingers over her cheek making her squirm. It made him come out of his stupor and he suddenly jerked her off himself and stood up from the couch.

She opened her eyes being startled and rubbed her sleepy eyes being all disoriented.

"Why did you push me?", She asked him with genuine confusion.

"Didn't I tell you to stay away from me? Can't you for once in your lifetime listen to me for a change?", He asked her sternly.

"Did you sleep well?", She asked ignoring his outburst.

"Listen just...", He pointed his index finger at her only to be cut off in between.

"I'll make breakfast for today. What does she like?"

Manik opened his mouth to tell her off, but then thought better of it and smirked internally.

"She loves Lasagna... And yes she is very cranky about food. Won't have it if it's not according to her taste.", He dropped a bomb over her head and waited for her reaction.

She gulped giving him a half smile.

"Ye..ah okay. I can make it."

"You shouldn't waste anymore time. It's almost 6. She leaves for school at 7.", He told her making her more nervous.

"Ahh hmm... I.. let me go make it quickly.", She ran towards the kitchen without looking at his face.

He followed her and hid outside the kitchen door waiting to see what she would do.

She opened the fridge and looked inside it like a lost kid. The person who had never even made a proper coffee was asked to make something so out of the box.

She thought for a few minutes and then fished out her phone from her pocket.

Manik thought she would Google the recipe.

She typed something on her phone and relaxed her posture as if her entire work was done. He frowned looking at her.

"Are you done so soon?", He asked her with a mocking smile.

Her relieved smile dropped at once and she turned her gaze away from him. His eyes fell over the phone which was still open with a fresh order of Lasagne from a restaurant.

"I should have guessed it.", He said with a fake smile.

She bit onto her tongue making him shake his head.

"Cancel the order, she likes Lasagna but not for breakfast.", He told her making her look at him with a frown.

"Why did you tell me to make it then?"

"Because I know you can't cook. And all this is just to get me back right?"

She nodded her head in a yes and then in a no and again in a yes making him chuckle.

"I'll make the breakfast. Go and get ready."

"Should I wake up Ahana?", She asked him hopefully.

He looked at her for a few seconds making her squirm in her place.

"I said go and get ready.", He told her calmly making her go away dejectedly.

He sighed and made quick bread omelet before going towards his room to wake his princess up.