24

Next Morning Manik was in his cabin going through some files.

"Come in.", He said as he heard a knock at the door.

"Sir you have a meeting with the department heads in 10 minutes. I have arranged the conference hall & all of them have already gathered there."

Manik got up from his chair & picked up his phone.

"Let's go then. If they are already there then why to waste time?", He said & walked out of his cabin followed by Varun.

Manik walked into the conference room making everyone stand.

"Sit sit everyone.", He said & moved towards the head chair.

"So to start with... I'm Manik Malhotra. You all must be thinking that how come an amateur like me can handle a company. I'm not saying I'm an expert in this, but if we are together into this, then we can surely make it happen. Today's meeting is for me to get briefed with the matters of the company. I have already done my homework but let's say one to one conversation would be more effective?"

Everyone nodded agreeing with him. They discussed all the basic things for about half n hour. Then Manik came to the main issue he wanted to address.

"The customer feedback is very poor. And the issue is not even addressed, may I know why?", He asked them.

"That's not true Mr. Malhotra... People who buy clothes from us have only good things to say.", Mr. Mehta, the production planning head argued.

"Exactly my point, the people who buy clothes from us. But what about the other 60% of customers who leave empty handed?", He raised his eyebrow making him shut.

"But sir... We have been achieving our targets pretty well."

"But still the results are not satisfactory. Do you all want to know why? We are a company who apparently make clothes for all, but all the good looking, fashionable dresses have Medium or at the most large as their last size. We have to remember that we aren't making clothes just for Fashion models. Let's keep that limited to the fashion shows we would participate in, in the future. But apart from that our brand should be open for all. For all kind of ages & sizes.", He said everything clearly.

"Mr. Malhotra, if you are forgetting, ours is a branded company & not some roadside shop that would have clothes available in all sizes. The people that we design for give us a huge profit margin. We target the rich customers.", Mr. Mehta spoke again with venom dripping through his words. He was the senior most employee, who had all plans to take over the CEO position, he even had a great connection with the ex boss, so it was obvious that he would be the next CEO. But he was not ready for such twist of fate.

"Okay so you mean to say plus size people can't be rich?"

"I didn't mean that Mr. Malhotra.", Mr. Mehta argued.

"Your shirt... Where have you bought it from Mr. ?", Manik asked further.

"Raymonds.", He replied within seconds adjusting his collar.

"I guess other brands don't have problem in selling clothes to plus size people.", Manik pointed at his stomach which would burst any moment if it protrudes any further.

"You are insulting me now Mr. Malhotra.", Mr. Mehta stood up with rage.

"Oh is it? I apologise for the 'insult'. But let me tell you, this is how customers are treated in our very own showrooms. I happened to be present in one, when a verbal spat was going on between a customer & the manager. And the customer was being mocked worse than this. You can take your seat now.", He pointed towards his empty chair with a calm face.