32

Five days had passed after they had came back from their trip.

Nandini didn't know what to feel about herself anymore. She had even distanced herself from her friends. All of them were staying at Mukti's place since they had came back from Australia. But Nandini had shifted back to her house this morning. She wanted to stay alone.

She was currently seated in her balcony with a cup of coffee in her hand. A tear left her eye as she remembered about the night she got to know about his accident.

Getting up from the chair with the empty cup in her hand, she walked towards the kitchen. Keeping the cup there, she went towards her room to set her clothes in her cupboard.

Removing her suitcase she started taking out the neatly folded clothes from it and started placing it in her cupboard. As she opened the left side drawer to keep her documents, she found a folded paper along with a pendrive kept over it.

She crinkled her brows in confusion thinking who might have kept it there.

"Must be Mumma.", She whispered to herself and removed the paper and the pendrive from there.

Sitting on the bed, she opened the paper and started reading it.

Nanz... I know you are confused to find this anonymous letter at your doorstep. But trust me I'm just a well wisher. I need to tell you something important but I need my identity protected too.

She remembered she had got this at their doorstep a few years back and had completely forgotten about this.

Nanz I don't know how you would react to this but.... your friend Alya, she is not what she shows herself to be. I know if I tell you things that she has done by writing, then you probably wouldn't believe me. That's why I have attached this letter with a pendrive with the only proof that I have which would be enough for you to know that supporting her was a big mistake.

Nandini clutched the letter tightly in her fist. No... She wasn't ready for another blow. She knew there might be a fowl play in all this. But proof? Was she ready for it?

She got up from the bed and took her laptop from her bag. With shaking hands she removed the pendrive and attached it. Closing her eyes, she clicked the play button.

The video started showing a very narrow space between the windows doors. Alya walked inside a room with a victorious smile over her lips. She sat over the bed moving her fingers over it. After a few minutes, she slept over it taking in the fragrance of the bedsheet.

"Where are you my love, come home soon.", She whispered holding the pillow tightly to her chest.

"Alya? What the hell are you doing on my bed?", A confused yet furious Manik spoke as soon as he entered the room.

"Manik... How are you? I was waiting for you.", She said ignoring his question.

"Alya I'm not Maddy... Are you drunk or something?", He asked seeing her still spread across his bed.

"I know you are not Maddy Darling. He can't be you ever.", She told him while biting her lower lip.

He looked at her disgustedly as a frustrated sigh escaped his lips.

"You should leave.", He said without beating around the bush.

"What's the hurry? You have just arrived. Let's spend some time together na?", She got up and sat at the edge of his bed with her legs crossed. The edge of her tight dress lifted way above her knees making him immediately look away.