17

They broke the kiss when they heard the doorbell & Nandini's phone ring at the same time.

She picked up her phone & looked at the caller ID. It was Dhruv calling.

She took a deep breath & answered it.

"Nanz... You are home right? Open the door for us.", He said as soon as she picked.

"Dhr... Dhruv? You guys are here?", She asked with widened eyes.

Manik looked at her & gestured her to calm down. He went to her balcony & got his shirt which he had kept for drying. He had washed it before having shower in the morning.

He gathered all his things & turned towards Nandini.

"I'll stay here. Gesture me once the coast is clear. I'll leave immediately.", He pointed towards her room door from which he could see the living room.

She nodded at him & started to leave. She halted in her track near the door & started moving back inside. Circling her arm around his neck she stood on her tiptoes & placed a lingering peck over his lips. Before he could even react... She was out of the room.

***************************

Fab 5 were settled in the living room. Alya gestured Dhruv to go ahead.

Dhruv glanced around & got affirmative nod from both Mukti & Cabir. He cleared his throat trying to gain some courage.

He got up from his place & kneeled in front of Nandini. She flinched with his sudden move.

"Dhruv? What are you doing?", She asked squirming in her place.

"Nanz... Please hear me out first. I have wanted to say this to you since a long long time now. I... I love you Nanz. I don't know when my friendship turned to love... But it feels like I have been in love with you since forever now. I know it's too sudden for you. You don't need to say yes right now. Take your time. But think about it please.", Nandini sat there numb. She didn't know how to react to this. The one whom she thought to be her friend all this while is in love with her?

"Dhruv... I can't... No... What are you saying? We are friends for God's sake. How can you...?", She stuttered.

"Nanz relax... I'm not telling you to answer right now. And about friendship... It will just add one more name to our relation. Our friendship will not change.", He coaxed further.

"Dhruv... Please try to understand. I don't...", She tried to say only to be cut off by Mukti.

"Nanz... Come on... It's Dhruv. You won't find a better guy then him. You two have been friends since past five years now. You know he is the most innocent guy ever. I'm telling you say yes already.", Mukti was the most excited one knowing two members of Fab 5 would be in a relationship.

"But...", Nandini was feeling helpless. She wanted to hide into her room never to come out. Why was her life getting so complicated.

"Please Nanz... Give me one chance. Come on a date with me tomorrow. Give me a chance to show my love please.", He literally begged in front of her.

"Dhruv please... It's..", she felt frustrated not able reject him outright.

"Nanz... I think if not for anything else... You should give him a chance for the sake of your friendship. Go on a date with him & then you can decide?", Alya said smiling sweetly.

She was the happiest when Dhruv confessed about his feelings last night. She didn't waste a single moment to convince him to propose her. She got Mukti on her side & both of them literally planned out an entire date for him within a day.