ten

School day, again. Donghyuck, Renjun, and Mark, walked together as soon as they saw each other at the gate.

"Where's Chenle?" Renjun asked the Canadian boy knowing the two are close. "Oh, he went to a business trip with his parents." The boy just nodded and continued walking along with Donghyuck by his side.

Chenle was actually scolded last night, it's because he didn't inform his parents or his driver where he was for the past days. So they decided to bring him to a business trip for 5 days, to keep an eye on him. Mark actually tried to convince his parents but they didn't budge, so yeah, he's stuck for 5 days with filthy rich grown-ups.

Lunch time went on quickly, and there they sat together in silence. "Renjun," Mark called out. "Can i like, come to your house later?" Mark asked, acknowledging what Chenle said the other night about the other Chinese guy.

"Yeah, sure." Renjun said and smiled. Not really knowing why and isn't sure what Mark is up to. But he wants to be a good host and invites him eventually.

They again, started eating quite awkwardly and silent. 'Donghyuck is suspiciously quiet  today', Mark thought. "Hey Donghyuck," Mark started, making the latter face him in a drowsy state. "Why are you so silent? Are you okay?" Mark suddenly asks worriedly.

Donghyuck gave a small smile and nodded. "Don't disturb him, he's just running a fever." Renjun said, while Mark widen his eyes.

"What?! Why did he even come to school?!" Mark exclaimed, startling Renjun a bit.

"Don't ask me, I told him to stay at home, but he didn't listen. Now look at him, he's having a headache, is getting dizzy, and is red all over." Renjun crossed his arms and glared at Donghyuck who rolled his eyes.

"I don't want my perfect attendance award to go away." Donghyuck pouted, while Renjun just 'tsk'-ed. Mark was just observing the two boys almost yelling at each other. In Donghyuck's face, you can see he's trying his best not to talk back as his head starts to hurt again. Mark just shook his head and continued eating his unfinished food.

•••

"Do you want anything to eat?" Renjun asked Mark, as he was scattering food from the cupboards.

"No thank you. I'm fine." Mark smiled and waved his hands showing denial.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" Renjun asked as he was putting down two cups of tea and sat down.

"It's about the--" Before Mark can answer Renjun cuts him off. "The case? What do you want?" Renjun asked unfazed as he rests his back at the edge of the couch.

"Nothing, I know you're not ready telling me or us everything. But if you do please tell us." Mark pleaded and smiled.

"Why are you even so interested in this?" Renjun asked, slightly annoyed with arms crossed and knitted eyebrows.

Mark sighed deeply and audibly. "I'm sorry." Mark said in a low tone. Renjun sighed deeply and buried his face with his right hand.

"No, no. I'm sorry." Renjun sighed deeply. "It's just, I'm scared." Renjun admitted. Mark furrowed his eyebrows as he reminds himself with what Chenle revealed the other night.

"Scared of what?" Mark asked, curious and quite anxious with what Renjun is gonna say.

"I'm just." Renjun sighed. "I don't know, I'm scared that someone might, kill me." Renjun's voice went lower in every word. He gulped at the end phrase and starts rocking back and forth from his chair.

Mark's eyebrows furrowed while trying to hold back his laughter. "Kill you? Why would someone kill you?" Mark asked while crossing his arms as he was leaning back from the chair. Mark is already thinking that Renjun really and surely knows something, something huge that someone is already threatening to kill him for that.

Renjun sighed again, deeply and audibly. "Because I know about," Renjun paused to get closer to Mark. "Minjae's death." Renjun continued in a low tone.

Mark wasn't suprised at all, knowing that he got a hint from Chenle and from the interview they had with Donghyuck the past week. Last night, he was actually thinking on why would he be connected or somehow, knows something. And now, he thinks he knows.

"Who wants to kill you then?" Mark asked with a poker face, with arms still crossed.

Renjun sighed for nth time. "I don't want to tell." Renjun hung his head low and bit his lower lip.

"Why?" Mark asked, and is already thinking that he is someone Renjun is close to, someone who knows Minjae as well, and somehow, is in their group of friends.

"Because I'm scared." Renjun replied sternly. Mark just nodded and stood up, ready to go home. He doesn't want Renjun to go crazy or mad by just him asking wny and who.

"Thanks for your time, and, I'm sorry for bothering you." Mark bowed slightly as he stares at the Chinese boy with his head still low.

Mark exits the house as he was texting his partner, and somewhat his friend.

...
[CHENLELE]

Hey Chenle
Come back as soon as you can
We have someone to talk to

--------

Thoughts anyone?

Btw i can't believe we are having our 3rd quarter 흥~
Time flies fasttt
Oh! And it's this big baby's bday soon~~