nine

Mark is sitting in the grass field along with Chenle, waiting for the other to come.

"Hey!" Donghyuck waved and smiled at the two boys sitting in the grass. The two returned the gesture.

"Renjun's not here yet?" Donghyuck asked after he took a seat with them. "Nope," Chenle answered while shooking his head.

Seconds of awkward silence, Renjun came with Jisung. "Hey!" Renjun greeted happily and the younger just smiled and bowed slightly. Everyone returned the gesture.

"So?" Donghyuck started, he knows that it'll get awkward if no one speaks up immediately.

"Oh, yeah. Sorry, again." Jisung started and hung his head low. "It's cool kid, we get it. But why? How? Who? When? What?" Mark asked.

"It's a long story. But, uh, remember when we were at the detention room?" Mark looked at Chenle and nodded. "Well, there, i slipped the USB into your pocket." Mark furrowed his eyebrows.

"You sure? I didn't feel any USB or any thing in my pocket earlier." Mark said and tried remembering if he was right.

"Maybe it fell?" Chenle cuts and that makes Mark think. "Then where would it be?" Mark asks and thinks, hard.

"While you think about that, lemme ask. Why is that usb so important?" Donghyuck asks and rests his chin on both his hands. "Nothing, it just contains all their deepest secrets." Jisung answered.

"Then why did you take it?" Renjun asks this time. "I was just thinking to hand it over the police." Jisung smiles and bit his lower lip. Donghyuck and Renjun nodded and smiled, kinda proud that he's doing the right thing.

"Wait, Jisung." Mark started, "Yeah?" Jisung answered in tiny. "Why do those guys know you? Are you perhaps connected to them?" Jisung was taken aback with what Mark said. Knowing that his past is really embarrassing and he's ashamed of telling anyone that, as it may or will ruin his new reputation. So, basically, he lies.

"No, I don't know those guys. Maybe, they know me because they knew i took the usb." Jisung denies and hung his head low. Mark just nodded and starts to space out for awhile.

"Anyways, let's go to school together!" Chenle exclaimed excitedly. He really likes to meet new people, especially when they become his friends.

"Sure, what time?" Renjun replies, smiling widely. He's happy that his group of friends are growing. "I'm gonna meet Mark around 7:30. So, let's just meet up at your house?" Chenle made a signal to Renjun waiting for his response.

"Yeah sure," Renjun smiled and Chenle smiled as well.

The afternoon went down quickly, Mark just staring at the sunset, Renjun and Chenle sharing stories and enjoying their time together, Jisung drinking his usual orange juice, and Donghyuck trying to talk to Jisung about stuff, but ended up being awkward so they stop.

"I'm going to get going now. My mom just texted me." Jisung stood up and smiled, apologetically. "No problem, see ya!" Donghyuck said while smiling widely and waving at the boy as he walks further.

"Oh! i gotta get going too. I'm gonna study for a test that i missed. My teacher texted me I'll be having a make-up test. Bye!" Renjun stood up and waved at them while walking away. "Oh! Chenle! Text me!" Renjun shouted once again while laughing, Chenle laughed too and pointed at the other Chinese boy and made a thumbs up. Donghyuck shook his head, seeing how close they've become in just a short time.

Chenle suddenly realizes he's "thrid-wheeling" the two love birds. He ships them, you know. "I'm going now. Bye!" Chenle sprinted out not letting Mark talk or wait for him.

Mark looked at the other boy sitting not near him. "What are you still doing here?" He asks, emphasizing the 'you'. Donghyuck shrugs, "What are you still doing here?" The younger spats back, emphasizing the 'you' too. Mark just rolled his eyes and just sat at the grass, looking or probably waiting for the sun to set.

"You like it huh?" Donghyuck suddenly sits beside him, which startled the Canadian. "Like, what?" Mark asks looking at the other boy. Donghyuck rolled his eyes before answering, "The sun duh. What else?" Donghyuck looked at the other boy sassily.

They sat there quietly, and as the sun sets, Mark couldn't hide his expression as he awes at the beautiful hot ball of nature slipping throughout the night. But little did Mark knew, Donghyuck takes a few glances to the Canadian boy. "Why aren't you leaving?" Mark suddenly asks, offending the tanned boy. "N-nothing. i thought, you're alone again, so maybe you want me to stick around. But, i was wrong, i'm going now. Hmp." Donghyuck glared at the Canadian boy before standing up and crossed his arms while walking towards their house. "Wait!" Mark called out, but he doesn't know why, as shocked as Mark is, Donghyuck just turned around and stood beside Mark. "Why?" Donghyuck asks, still with his arms crossed. Mark stood up quickly. "N-nothing, i-i was just uh, going to tell you to uh." Mark paused, not knowing what to say, "To, help us solve the case!" Mark exclaimed immediately, pressured with what to say.

"Aren't I helping you already?" Donghyuck asks sassily and raised his eyebrows. "But, I don't wanna join you guys interrogating some, other people. I'll help you, but not full-time, I have more important work than that." Donghyuck again, said sassily. "What important work?" Mark asks, getting suspicious about Donghyuck with no reason.

"None of your business." Donghyuck rolled his eyes and left Mark dumbfounded, once again. Mark just glared at Donghyuck while the tanned boy was walking away.

Mark was walking in the streets when suddenly a loud dolphin scream was heard. "Mark!" Chenle waved his hands. 'Oh so he was just here' Mark thought. "What are you doing here?" Mark asks as he sees Renjun waving his hands at the back, and he waved back.

"Nothing, i was just hanging out with Renjun while you two were spending your babe time." Mark widen his eyes and immediately furrowed his eywbrows. "What the heck are you talking about?" Mark asks in a poker face. Chenle just innocently smiles.

"Let's go. Bye Renjun! Thanks for the snacks!" Chenle waved at Renjun as his other hand was clinging onto Mark's arm, technically leading them away from there.

"Stop, pushing, me!" Mark said trying to loosen his arm from Chenle's grip.

Chenle took themselves to an alley and looked around to check if there's people walking around, seeing none, he spoke.

"I think, Renjun knows something about Minjae's death."

--------

Hi yall sorry for the lateeeeee~ update, i was doing my modules then fixing up business what so ever then fixing my album.

Sooo excited for the rooftop fight!!! I'm on team Renjun AAAAA lmao, how bout you?

Idk what to put here so i guess I'll just put my no. 1 fighter HUANG INJOON!!!~~

 1 fighter HUANG INJOON!!!~~