fourteen

It was nearly 2 am and everybody is knocked out except for Mark and Jaemin, they're both sobers.

"Hey," Mark said sitting next to Jaemin who's struggling not to move cuz his boyfriend's head is resting on his lap.

"Hey," Jaemin greeted back with a small smile. Mark leaned back letting out a satisfied sigh, which made Jaemin chuckle. Mark opened his eyes and looked at Jaemin with a questionable look. "What? Can't I laugh at my best friend from when I was 5 years old?" Mark chuckled and shook his head in disbelief. "You haven't changed Minhyung. Oh! it's Mark now right?" Jaemin pointed at Mark who smiled and nodded.

"And you haven't changed too you know," Mark admitted. They missed each other's presence. As the room engulfed them with silence, a comfortable one. Mark was looking at the ceiling while Jaemin is playing with Jeno's hair. Both not feeling the sleepiness.

"How was Canada?" Jaemin started a topic. Since they didn't want the silence to fully take over them and besides, starting a topic while the atmosphere isn't that awkward is good.

"It's good, but, not the same without you there." Mark admits, Jaemin looks at Mark confused. "What?"

"What do you mean?" Jaemin was anxious with what Mark's answer is, he always was anxious when it comes to Mark in the past. But now he felt that again.

"I mean, obviously you were my best friend. It would be nice if you were there too, you know." Mark says looking at Jaemin with his eyes and not moving his head. Jaemin smiled and nodded. "By the way, I've kept your letters." Mark says with eyes closed. Jaemin looked at him in shock.

"Really?!" Jaemin exclaimed with wide eyes. Which made Mark chuckle and nod. "Oh my gosh, I suddenly feel embarrassed knowing how ugly my hand writing before." Jaemin covered his face because of embarrassment.

Mark laughed out loud. He looked at Jaemin who's cooling his face down. He still blushes easily lol. Mark snickered. And once again, silence engulfed the room. But this time it's different, it's like it's wanting them to keep talking to each other kind of silence. "Why did you stop?" Mark suddenly asks sitting properly.

Jaemin looked at him confused, "Stop what?"

"Why did you stop writing?" Mark finally faced him wanting an answer. The letters Jaemin sends are the only things that keep him sane in that peculiar place. It felt like he was home right back here in Korea.

"Oh, I, I don't know." Jaemin paused looking down. "You haven't received my letters?" Jaemin asked slowly, word by word. Mark looked at Jaemin confused, while the other one is looking down, sad.

"Until when were you sending?" Mark asks. He gulped feeling sad and sorry for the other.

"'Til when I was 14," Mark looked at the black haired boy with shock and he wants to apologize and hug Jaemin tightly.

"But, we moved to New York when I was 12...oh my gosh." Mark covered his mouth in shock. "You were sending letters but, you sent it to our old address. Oh my gosh, I'm so so sorry." Mark held Jaemin's shoulder. He wants to hug Jaemin but he thinks that he'll wake Jeno up at the sudden movement.

Jaemin smiled sadly, "It's okay Mark. Don't apologize, it's not your fault anyways." Jaemin smiled reassuringly. Mark still pouted feeling a gush of guilt flowing through his body. "Ya!" Jaemin slapped Mark's arm. "Don't feel guilty Mark, I said it's okay. Don't worry about it." Jaemin smiled letting Mark know he's fine.

"But still, didn't like your hands hurt by writing those, and I never wrote back for almost 9 years, wow that's long." Mark mumbled the last words. Jaemin smiled.

"Don't worry lol, I'm satisfied by just you reading them." Jaemin admitted, well it would've been nice if Mark writes back more often than he does, but he doesn't mind. Mark yawned and Jaemin chuckled, "You definitely didn't change."

And that was the last thing Mark heard before his slumber took ahead of him.

•••

It was suddenly 9 in the morning and Mark was the last person to wake up. He woke up to the beautiful smell coming from the kitchen.

He thought someone else was cooking in the kitchen. And it was.

"Oh hi Min--I mean, Mark!" Jaemin greeted who's cooking some pancakes.

"Where are the others?" Mark questioned, scratching the back of his head.

"Oh! Jeno and Hyuck went back to their house cuz their mom called them to go with her for a while. And Renjun was, just here...." Jaemin trailed off looking around the room looking for Renjun. "And Chenle and Jisung are upstairs playing." Jaemin smiled as he  finished the first batch of pancakes and placed it on a plate, decorating it. "By the way, I hope you don't mind me cooking breakfast for us in your kitchen." Jaemin snickered hesitantly.

Mark shook his head, "No, it's fine." He smiled and Jaemin did too.

After calling the two boys from upstairs and after finding Renjun who was in the bathroom for almost 15 minutes. They happily ate breakfast.

"Wow! Jaemin hyung's cooking is really good!" Chenle complimented while munching pancakes in his mouth, Jaemin blushed at the sudden comment. "You should always come here then!--Ow" Chenle hissed after Mark kicked his ankle. Chenle glared at Mark and Mark glared back.

"I will. If it's okay for Mi--Mark," Jaemin smiled and looked at Mark who's sitting just right in front of him.

"Uh, yeah sure. If your not that busy that is." Mark gave a small smile. Jaemin shook his head and waved his hand from left to right. Mark then nodded and Chenle shouted 'yay!'

--------

i recently got hooked with 'back 2 u' and 'action figure' while writing this. i wanna like make a playlist of what mood i get from writing lololol.

and can yall like suggest me songs that has the same vibes as back 2 u by 127 and/or action figure by wayv? ^^