eleven

"MAAAARKKKK!" A dolphin screeching voice was heard outside their house as Mark walks out.

"I wake up and Chenle chooses violence." Renjun commented, rolling his eyes, arms crossed as he was walking towards Chenle and Mark.

"Hey, why so worked up?" Mark asks with hands in his pockets, walking towards Chenle.

"I missed you ugh," Chenle admits. He hates being with old people who only talks about business and money and nothing fun. Atleast here he has alot to do and it's more fun. He hugs Mark and slung his arm around Mark's shoulder, the older doesn't mind, he's suddenly used to it.

"Is Donghyuck coming with us?" Mark asks out of the blue. Chenle looks at the taller guy beside him if he's being serious or not. Seeing his face is unbothered, Chenle decides to just shoo that thought away.

"I don't know, why ask me?" Renjun snaps back. When his phone suddenly buzzed inside his pocket. He slips his hand and opened the device in his hand, to see Donghyuck's mom's text. "Well, he's not coming. Let's go." Renjun said as he slips back the phone into his pocket.

Mark doesn't know why but he felt worried because of Donghyuck? I mean, he's supposed to be worried because that guy has a high fever for almost a week now. He clicked his tongue and shrugged those thoughts and decides to stay quiet.

•••

Time flies fast today, Maybe because Donghyuck isn't here today, Mark's mind said, he was walking behind Chenle and Renjun who was talking and laughing loudly. He furrowed his eyebrows at the thought, he's maybe just used to Donghyuck brightening up the mood.

"Yo Mark," Chenle started, Mark immediately faced Chenle, relieved that someone distracted him from his thoughts almost killing him. Mark hummed waiting for Chenle ask his question. "Who's the guy we need to talk to?" Mark looked up looking for Renjun, Chenle notices, "He left, his mom called him early." Mark had his mouth agape while nodding. "So who Mark?" Chenle asked again with eyes open.

"Jeno Lee." Mark answered shortly. Chenle first nodded with his mouth slightly open, but then his face suddenly changed to a frown and knitted eyebrows.

"Jeno Lee? like Renjun's friend and Donghyuck's brother?" Mark nodded and looked around. "Let's go to their house then." Chenle suggested with a smug look in his face while walking towards Jeno's and Donghyuck's house. Mark followed trailing behind Chenle.

Even though Chenle is just new here, he felt like this small community is his home, because there's Mark, Renjun, Donghyuck and especially Jisung. And even though this is a small town, there are a lot going on, like this mystery he and Mark are solving. If he hadn't had a fight with his parents and ran away in the middle of the night, would he meet Mark? If his brother hadn't found this small remote place, he wouldn't have been doing this, he would just sit infront of his computer playing games, he wouldn't have friends because people take advantage of him, he would be running their company right now and he wouldn't be in school.

While walking, Mark is over thinking, A LOT. He doesn't know what made him this way, is it really because he's worried of Donghyuck or is it because he doesn't want to lose another special friend of his. He furrowed his eyebrows once again, as if he's debating with his mind right now. Donghyuck never left his house, Mark would go to the lake just to see if the tanned boy was there but no, he didn't see him a whole week. He was too much of a  coward to walk up to his house and ask if he's doing okay. Instead, he's just by the lake admiring the sunset, alone, everyday of that week. As he hates to admit it, he missed Donghyuck's presence. Am i inlove?, his heart suddenly beats faster than usual, he starts sweating and his eyes grow wider as that thought passed his head. No! what the actual fuck Mark! Think straight!. He hits his head too hard, causing Chenle to look back at him and asking if he's okay and why he hits his head that hard. "Yeah, I'm fine. I thought I saw mosquito." Mark gave a reassuring smile and Chenle nodded in response.

Chenle knocked at a dark colored door. Mark just realizing where they are, panicked. He eyed the whole place in panic. But after eyeing the whole place he realized he's never been this close to Donghyuck's house, he's seen it yes, maybe a thousand times already but he's never been this close. He looked at the glistening water-form infront of them.

The door finally opened, Chenle sighed in relief, after knocking almost 10 times. A sleepy Donghyuck opened the door, he's wearing over-sized pajamas and his hair is messy. "What do you want?" His voice is raspy. Mark stared at him for an eternity, so Chenle let him.

"We're looking for you brother?" Chenle asks. Donghyuck was definitely confused, especially because of Mark staring at him. But he didn't budge, first of all he doesn't want to waste his voice and secondly he liked the attention.

"Jaemin's house." Donghyuck answered shortly. Chenle furrowed his eyebrows, Donghyuck rolled his eyes and stepped out--more like stomped out--of their porch and pointed at a house on the far right of the lake. Donghyuck looked annoyed but he just does that.

"You're welcome." Donghyuck said annoyed before going inside the house again. But before that Donghyuck tripped almost falling down the stairs of their porch. Mark held Donghyuck's wrist, which caught Donghyuck off guard. Mark was shocked as well but those are reflexes right?

"Are you okay?" Mark asked and Chenle started running towards Donghyuck.

"Oh my gosh are you okay?!" Chenle exclaimed.

"I'm fine geez, what do you think I am, five?" Donghyuck snaps back then he slowly take his hand back from Mark's grip. Which he felt a little comfortable and warm.

Mark cleared his throat, and looked away from Donghyuck and to the lake. "Be careful next time, and tell us when you're going back to school." Mark finally looked at Donghyuck and pursed his lips and smiled a little.

Meanwhile in Donghyuck's pov, he was confused on why Mark would suddenly say that. He furrowed his eyebrows but he was confused why. "Yeah of course. Thanks." The corner of his right lip curved a small smile.

"Okay! Thank you hyung! We'll get going now!" Chenle suddenly exclaimed, he's been eyeing the both of them and he feels bored but amused. He dragged Mark and waved goodbye at Donghyuck. "What was that all about?" Chenle said with a smirk.

"What?" Chenle's laugh filled the quiet neighborhood as they head to the house where Donghyuck pointed.

It was an old rickety house, with lights only on the living room. Chenle was scared on knocking so Mark did it. After two knocks, the door finally swings open, Mark was greeted by a half smiling boy.

"Are you Jeno?"