Dealing with Nuisances

I spent the first week at Hogwarts breezing through classes. They were so easy that I became very bored very quickly. Finally I couldn't stand it any longer and wrote a letter to my father begging him to help me. I could only self study for so long. Though Ana was my sister and best friend I felt isolated. There were multiple times where Dumbledore tried to hold out on his agreement. At first he attempted to take away my weekends home as he claimed that I needed to adjust being at a new school. I told him that if he wished to go back on his end of the agreement then I would allow it but that he should also be aware that if should reneg on his end that I was no longer obligated to attend Hogwarts and was free to leave. My tuition would be refunded to me. This tactic got me open access to the restricted section of the library to appease of his error in judgement. I made my first walk through of the large collection of restricted books. I noticed that most of these were merely dark books not evil. There were healing books in here as well as ancient spells. I also noticed that none of these books were in print anymore nor were there copyright charms on any of them. I quickly began copying as many books as I could and banished them to the library in my trunk where my house elves could organize them for me. I copied roughly a hundred books in an hour tiring myself, but it was absolutely worth it for the material. I checked out books on wand less magic in regards to wards, charms, and transfiguration. I also checked a healing magic book for healing dark curses. I was thinking of Neville's parents so I wanted to study up on a way to help them and then cross reference with my tutor in the States. The following morning as I ate breakfast my owl brought me a letter and a large box from father. He had gotten permission so I may do courses from Illvermory and Salem Academy via mail box delivery. I felt so excited. My father had sent the two mailboxes and the work for each class. I had ten classes per school, so I had plenty to keep me busy. Ana saw what I got a giggled at my happy face.
"You were really that bored?" Ana asked
"You know me, Ana. I was studying this stuff within the first year of me being introduced to magic. The Hogwarts curriculum won't gain my interest until third year at least. With father sending me this extra work, I can continue studying towards my masteries." I said happily
I had finished eating and was reading the healing book I found in the restricted section. Suddenly the book was snatched out of my hands. Within seconds, I was up and had the book back in my hand and Ana had the perpetrator at wand point. I finally look at the person and saw it was James sneering at me.
"What kind of book is that?! I bet its dark." James sneered as his lackey beside him, Ron Weasley, scoffed at me
"What I do with my time is no business of yours, Potter." I said calmly before turning to pack up my things to get ready for potions class which was next
"You carry the Potter name. You can't be dark. You should be disowned." James said loudly
A lot of people were listening in. The teachers were making their way through the sea of students so I merely needed to stall until Professor Snape came forward.
"You may wish to read up on Lord and Ladyships. You cannot disown the head of house. You can complain and hope that eventually I may have pity on you and will listen to your complaints. You, James Potter, as of this moment are nothing to me outside a carrier of the Potter name. I feel no need for your influence nor shall I name you my heir in anyway shape or form as that would be the only way that you would become Lord Potter. You are a bully in every sense of the word and I detest people that act as you do. Now leave me be before you come to regret it." I said before picking up my bag and beginning to walk away
Dumbledore stopped at the door and told me that I needed to meet him in his office at 2pm. He refused to tell me why so once I was away from people I called my house elf, Lola.
"Young Mistress call for Lola." Lola said
"Please tell my father that Headmaster Dumbledore wishes to speak with me but would tell me what about. I need further instruction on how I should proceed. The meeting is at 2 o'clock this afternoon." I said quietly and knelt down at Lola's height
"Yes Mistress Rosie. Lola delivers message." Lola said and popped away
I quickly went to potions. It was the first potions class of the year and I was looking forward to it. The class was the first year Gryffindors and Slytherins mixed together. I sat beside  Draco and we watched as Professor waltzed in making his cloak swish.
"There will be no needless wand waving in this class." Professor Snape started the class
James was blantly ignoring the lesson and nodding off like he did in most of the classes he considered "useless". Lola returned a few minutes later with a note from my father. He instructed me to insist that my head of house come with me to the meeting as according with the school charter. I waited until after Potions class and spoke with Professor Snape.
"Professor Snape, Headmaster Dumbledore has told me to meet him in his office at 2pm without giving a reason. As my Head of House, I would like for you to be there." I said formally
"We shall meet in front of the stone gargoyle in front of the Headmaster's office then." Professor Snape said after a few moments
Over the past few days, I had listened as the other first years all talked about their Heads of Houses. I was very grateful not to be in Gryffindor if the rumors were true. McGonagall never had time for her students. She never treated them like family like Professor Sprout did. Hufflepuff was like one big family and everyone watched each others back. Ravenclaw was all about the knowledge as long as you studied hard Professor Flitwick would help you all the way. Though it was pretty obvious that he didn't realize that bullying ran rampant among the girls in Ravenclaw. Slytherin was not as close knit but it was very traditional. You succeeded in Slytherin by merit and social networking. I noticed that quite a few pure-bloods were abused. Professor Snape took care of that though. He was cold and distant outside the Snake Den but inside he was your guardian. He protects all his students without fail.
At 2PM, I was at the stone gargoyle beside Professor Snape. My nervousness must have shown because Professor Snape put his hand on my shoulder and allowed me to pull myself together. This would be the first time I handled such a situation without my father beside me. I had no real idea of what Dumbledore needed to talk about but I knew it couldn't be about school. The Old Goat wouldn't admit that his precious school was mediocre at best. Sure the teachers were the best in Europe but they didn't study outside of that. These teachers specialized in their crafts that had been created for the last 300 years. I bet if they branched out and compared to other places in the world they would be so much better. When we entered Dumbledore's office, we saw two adults already sitting there. A man that was the spitting images of Potter Jr. And obviously his mother is the red headed woman.
"Ah Miss Potter right on time. Thank you for bringing her Severus. You may go." Dumbledore said with twinkling eyes
"My student has asked for me to stay as did Miss Sherwood's father." Professor Snape drawled
James Potter stood loudly and the Professor was immediately in front of me.
"I'm not going to harm my own daughter, Snivellous. We have waited years to see her again." James said with an arrogant tone
I disliked him immediately. He was just an older version of the Potter I deal with now. Lilly went to hug me and found my wand pointed at her eye.
"It is rude to attempt to touch someone you do not know nor gave their permission for you to touch them." I said
"My dear, these are your true parents surely you wish to get to know them." Dumbledore said starting to have a sinking feeling this wasn't going to work out like he had hoped
Rosetta was suppose to desperately want to know about her parents. She was suppose to want their acceptance.
"I am very well aware of who Mr and Mrs. Potter are. They are in the Daily Prophet every week along with their son. I believe this morning's article was on how happy you both were over how I had finally returned to the magical world." I said as Lily backed up so I put my wand away
"We would love to get to know you better." Lily said hesitantly
"Though we really do need to get you resorted. We can't have a Potter in Slytherin." James said with a loud laugh
"Your mother was in Slytherin as well as a Black. I have no need to change houses." I said
"You seriously want to be with those slimy snakes." James sneered
"I'd rather be a snake then an overgrown cat anyday." I sneered back
I swear I heard Professor Snape snort. Dumbledore seemed dumb founded.
"We'll change your mind over Christmas Break. Now we decided to pick you and James up-"
"There is no picking me up. Look I don't value wasting my time. I have ten essays due by tomorrow. I have no wish to get to know either of you. You abandoned me to eight year of hell for the fame of the Boy Who Lived. You, James Potter, are a bully. You didn't even attempt to act civil when the Professor walked in. I hate bullies. You and your son are just alike. I like being in Slytherin and being a snake. There is only one man I call father and his last name is Sherwood not Potter. Is there anything in my else, Headmaster?" I lectured before turning to leave
The Potters were upset and James comforted Lily as she cried. Dumbledore seemed in disbelief that I wasn't jumping at the opportunity to be with my birth parents.
Professor Snape noticed that my mind seemed occupied and guided me to the dungeon. I knew this would not be the last time I saw the Potters but I really hoped they would take the hint and back off for now.