The Phoneix

"Well, almost" 

"Maleficent please don't do this" I pleaded with him as I ret my hands on his cheeks. 

"I know you Maleficent and this isn't you, there is no need for this if you do this, you're letting her win, we could " I tried to reason with him. 

Maleficent snarled at me.

"You do not, Y/n, you never did, this is the real, me" He told me.

Is he being serious? 

"Maleficent, I've seen you in your darkest hours and was there, by your side till you could see the light and if you can't see the light, right now, let me show you" 

With that, I pulled him down and kissed him. I could feel him tense up but soon relaxed. 

I pulled apart from the kiss and watched as his eyes changed back to its normal green. 

A grin came to my face as I felt tears coming to my eyes. Final, I had him back. 

He then suddenly moved me aside and took my previous position when I heard a weapon being released. 

He gasped as the arrow struck him in his back as red dust started to spread. I watched in to shocked as he played his hand on my cheek as he turned into ashes right in front of me.

"No!" I cried out as I fell to my knees, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"You can't leave me here! Not again!" I sobbed as tears fell off my cheeks and onto the ground. 

"Do you know what makes a great leader, Y/n?" Ingrith asked me.

I didn't take her on as she talked to busy sobbing over Maleficent's death along with playing how am I going to kill her. 

 "The ability to instil fear in your subjects... and then use that fear...against your enemies"

She walked up close to me. 

"So... I spread the story of the evil lord... and the princess she cursed. It didn't matter who woke Sleeping Beauty. They were all terrified. And the story became legend" She explained. 

I got up to attack her when two guards held me by the arms.

I yellow out an angry yell as I looked at her, rage in my eyes. 

"I know you think I'm a monster"

"No, I know you are a monster, not think" I spat at her, still trying to get out of the guard's hold. 

"But what I did to the king, to Maleficent, to my son... I did for Ulstead" 

This woman is crazy. I wasn't to sure if her eyes turned red due to tears coming to her eyes or 

"I don't think putting a curse on the king, killing your son's father in law and causing a war is protected your country or the one's you 'love'" 

She turned her back and started to walk to the balcony.

"You are a traitor to your kind, and you will pay for it" She warned me.

"Well, jokes on you! I'm not even human! And the fact that you think I am is an insult! I could never be like you! All you humans do fight each other for power and have your heads up your arses! For once if you take your heads out of your arses and stand with each! And don't pull me!" 

"Maleficent is dead! We will never again live in fear!"

I finally got free from the guard's hold and went straight to her.

"You b-"

Suddenly I was held back again as she turned back to me.

"Ulstead is free at last!"