A Disaster Waiting To Happen

(YOUR POV)

They continued to play courtly music as the servants pulled out the chairs for us to sit and placed a cloth over our laps. As we sat Maleficent when another group of servants place a cooked bird on everyone's plate.

"Hmm" I heard Maleficent hummed. 

"Bird" He said. 

I looked at him just in time to see the playfulness in his eyes. 

"Delicious" He said teasingly. 

I bite my lip and to a deep breath in before taking up to goblet filled with wine and drank it. 

'Don't worry Y/n 

"It there a problem?" Queen Ingrith asked.

I picked up an iron utensil. 

"It's the iron" I explained. 

" Majesty, as you are sensitive to flowers, she is averse to iron" Aurora explained as well. 

"I had no idea. Take it away at once" She ordered as a servant picked up the utensil. 

" I trust you'll be comfortable using your hands?" She asked, slyly. 

Suddenly the tension grew to become very awkward. 

Phillip cleared his throat.

"Such a warm spell of weather, isn't it?" Phillip asked. 

" It certainly is" Aurora agreed.

I heard a meow and felt something tugging my dress. I looked down to a cat. I quickly got the cloth on my lap and used it to shoo it.  

"Shoo!" I told it.

"Well, we have a small gift for Philip and Aurora... to celebrate their glorious future together" King John announced.

Just then a... golden crib was brought in the room.

"Oh, I simply can't wait to have a little one running through the castle again"

"This castle?" I asked. 

"Yes, of course. This will be their home"

"I hear Aurora has a castle of her own" King John said. 

"Yes, sir, I do" Aurora confirmed. 

"Yes... I'm curious" Queen Ingrith started but stopped, taking a deep breath in. 

"How did Aurora become Queen of the Moors?"  She asked. 

"I made her queen" Maleficent told her. 

"No- I mean Lady Y/n seems like a more suitable ruler after all Maleficent is your partner. How did you feel when Aurora was"  Queen Ingrith said, putting to attention on me. 

My eyes widen, not expecting her or anyone as a matter of fact to ask me questions. 

How did I feel when Maleficent made Aurora Queen? I don't really care if she was placed as Queen of the Moors or not, though I would have been nice if it was Maleficent and I ruling to Moors together but that didn't happen... But something was off, I couldn't say what it was but it was something about this lady. 

I sipped the last bit on my wine before placing my goblet back down on the table.

"If Maleficent wanted Aurora to be Queen, who am I to say no" 

"But wouldn't you like to rule the Moors with him?" She asked.

Well looked at each other. I was trying to read her and she was trying to read me, two Queen's of different Kingdoms, different morals tried to read each other, silently trying to pinpoint each other's weakness.