|TWENTY|

•DANIELLE•
Dani

"Shit." I wince gripping the leather cushion.

The sound of the tattoo machine sounding throughout the tattoo shop. It didn't take much convincing for Khalil to suggest me getting a tattoo. I've been wanted one but not one of those in jail tattoos. And he had the perfect idea of getting a dolphin tattoo. So after looking through their options I picked one.

"So this your first tattoo beautiful?" The charming man Avi asks

"So this your first tattoo beautiful?" The charming man Avi asks. The Indian mans voice having a little bit of an accent on it.

"Yeah this her first tat." Kades answers for me. From what he told me on the way here him and Avi go way back. Avi and him met when they were younger. He came from a conservative judge mental family. Who wanted him to follow their family tradition and pick careers they wanted for him. But Avi's always had a passion for art. Drawing, painting and as the years came tattooing. Kades says that his parents kicked him out and he was homeless for a minute. Kades offered Avi some help, got him somewhere to stay and even bought him a shop. Kades said Avi swore on his life he'd pay him back someday.

But for some reason Kades never made him or wanted him to.

"This middle of your back is an interesting place." He says making conversation. I choose to get it in the center of my back huge. The dolphin going sideways.

"Couldn't think of anything else." I say. After a minute the tattoo barely even hurt anymore and before I know it we were done.

I stood up to see Kades laughing. "You was over there whining and shit." He laughs at my suspense causing me to punch him playfully.

"It's a full body mirror over there." Avi points towards the wall across the room.

I walk over lifting up my dress. Since it's just us back here and Avi's not looking and I have shorts under my dress I didn't really care. "I love it." I say with a smile. "Thank you."

Avi nods. "No problem."

I feel nervous by the way Kades is staring me down. He's biting on his lip and has his head tilted back so he can get a view of me. It's been a while since I've had somebody look at me like that.

"Why don't you get something?" I suggest.

He immediately scrunches his face up. "Nah baby this yo day I did this to cheer you up." He plays it off.

I roll my eyes pulling my dress down. I didn't have to worry about it being over my tattoo because he'd already put ointment on it and covered it. "Remember when you said you ain't forget about me when I was locked up?" I bring up what he em said earlier.

"Damn you was inna pin?" Avi asks shocked.

"Mind ya business A," Kades tells him. "And yeah what about Dani?" He has that tone of voice like he used to. That don't start tone. Where he's really kind of annoyed but know damn well he ain't getting rid of me. I gotta admit I kind of missed it.