|TEN|

DANIELLE•
Dani

I could feel Mari glancing at me as he drove us to school.

"Be honest with me..." he trails. I knew this was coming. He didn't speak a word on the way back from the Chase house. And when we were home he just went upstairs.

"Mari." I say flatly.

"What types of games are you playing Dani? Just tell me. Cause things aren't looking good for you, hanging around Kade, hanging around Cas, and now Tez?"

I scrunched up my face. "I'm not fucking any of them nor do I like them. Tez is just a friend. And I'm done speaking to Kade and Cas. I'm not a hoe." I remind him.

"I know that, but they don't. People are talking, and honestly you shouldn't of been speaking to Kade in the first place." He rants.

"Why do you care so much?"

"I don't anymore honestly. Which is why I brought it up, whatever your getting yourself into is on you. I'm all down for moving out of state with mom and you should be too. But as far as that goes whatever you've got going on is your business." At first my feelings were hurt, my own brother was telling me he didn't care if I hung with murders or drug dealers. But then I looked at this as an opportunity. An opportunity to see that he wouldn't stop me from being free and continuing my plan.

I stayed silent until we pulled up into the school parking lot. I unlocked the door myself and climbed out not even bothering to wait for him to park. I moved my hair out of my face while walking towards the school entrance. I ignored the stares and glares girls gave me. Knowing it was probably because of Kade..or Cas? Who knows. I walked down the hallways going in the direction of my locker. Across from my locker I could see Tez leaning against his own beside Vanni and a few of his friends. When he saw me his eyes lit up.

I ran up towards him. "Wassuh D Mack." He greets leaning down. "What took you so long girl?" He questions dappin me up.

"Damn don't be grippin my hand like that." I whined. I move slightly away from him only for him to give me a smile and grip my arm pulling me back in. Vanni watched us in this look I already could understand, and his friend looked somewhat shocked at our new found friendship.

"These nice. I'm feelin em'. Trynna be like ya boy and what not." He motions to our matching Jordan's.

"Goof." I mumble laughing at him.

"Better hurry up D, class start in a minute and you ain't trynna be caught in another y'all sweep." He preached to me.

I almost told him he's right until I realized he's out here just like I am. "We need to both get to class. Thought you were going to start doing better in school. Football, remember?"

"Damn she preaching to you and shit now?" His friend questioned. As I looked over at Tyler Mitchell I couldn't help but feel jealousy coming off of him. It wasn't because of me though, I could sense jealousy towards Te'zon. Which made sense to why he's always the one skipping with T and trying to get him to skip too. So being kicked out of football would be the best thing to Tyler.

Tez turned his head as if getting ready to snap on his "friend" but Vanni handled it for him.

"She's right, you need to get to class. Go." He orders his little brother. They momentarily dap eachother up before Tez turns to Tyler.

"Hey man I'll catch you later, I'm gone head to class." He looks his "friend" in the eye while placing a hand on his shoulder. "You should too."

"Get ya ass a girlfriend and change everything. Sellout." He mumbled the last part but Te'zon heard him clearly.