|TWENTY FOUR|

•DANIELLE•
Dani

I flipped some blueberry pancakes grabbing an extra plate when I hear him coming downstairs. "Baby! I hope that's pancakes you makin' cause I'm trynna pour some syrup on them tit-" he cuts himself off seeing Malik sitting at the kitchen table.

"Baby he's here." I mumble trying not laugh.

Kades frown walking up to me he places a kiss on my cheek. "See he already fuckin' up our fun time." He says loudly.

I laugh turning to Malik who's almost done with his breakfast. "He doesn't mean that Malik. We're happy to have you here. Ain't that right baby?"

Kades forces a smile and nod. "Yep so happy."

Malik directs his attention towards me. "Thank you for helping me." He says politely. I still can't believe Malik is capable of doing those things Kades said he did. He's a fourteen year old boy with a baby face, barely any weight on him, French braided hair and dark skinned with some big brown eyes.

I nod giving him a smile. "No problem. And don't mind Kades he'll warm up to you." I can tell he doesn't believe me.

He's saw a completely different side of Kades. The demanding, cruel fucked up drug running side. So he's most likely scared to even speak to Khalil let alone live here. "I talked to some people," I continue. "They said that until they locate your legal guardian until then will be your temporary guardians. I used the information you gave and that I could figure out and was able to enroll you in school. So you're going today."

Malik sighs looking down at his plate. "I don't know anything about school. I'm not all that smart and I'm not good with people." His words cause Kades to laugh.

I swat him in the chest and then lead over tapping my hand in front of him. "Look at me," he looks up. "You are just as smart as any of them if not smarter. And you sound just like Kades, he's not good with people either. But school ain't about friends it about an education. Besides we had a deal."

He doesn't say anything. I look over at Kades for help. Kades clears his throat. "Look here lil nigga," he starts off. "Real men keep they word. You tellin' me you not a real man and you breakin promises to my girl?"

Malik shakes his head. "No sir." He answers.

Kades nods. "Good because everybody in this house keeps their word. Now get ya shit ready for school." He demands.

Malik didn't argue and instead got up leaving to go get his things ready. Soon as he was gone I could feel Kades lips on my neck kissing down it. "Baby." He whines and I can feel his morning wood.

"Un un." I turn around wrapping my arms around his neck. "I know I'm horny too but we gotta wait till later. Malik already up-"

"See that lil nigga ruining shit already." He says frustration written all over his face. I laugh leaning in I peck him on the lips. "And you kissin' all on me ain't helping D."

Suddenly the smile fades from my face and I grip the counter trying to keep my balance a wave of nausea washing over me. He touches my back worry written all over his face. "Baby what's wrong? You okay?" He asks softly.

"I-I don't really feel too good." I say lowly. I feel him touch the back of his hand to me cheek gently.

"Shit you burning up mama. You want me to take off today? I don't wanna leave you and you don't feel good."