|THREE|

•DANIELLE•
Dani

"Uh... Kade." I say lowly tugging on his shirt a little. We've been sitting at the same stop light for a minute now and it's already turned from red to green.

He glanced at me before mumbling sorry under his breath and continuing to drive.

I don't know what caused the words to fly from my mouth but I was soon asking. "Are you okay?"

He nodded but didn't really say anything else. "Okay. Well then, you can just drop me off at Penny's house." I say hoping he wouldn't bring up the fact that his son likes me. I'd hate to have to be arguing with him again. It's bad enough Cas didn't show up to clean. Figures, they let the real known son of one of the most feared men in this city get away scott free.

I didn't like the awkward silence in the car so to spare time I leaned over and took his necklace in my hands. "What's this?" I asked holding the angel chain in my hands.

"Chain that me and my brother both had, they called us the devil reincarnated. Also let's niggas down here know who I am. Just in case they try some shit they'll think twice."

I scrunch my face in confusion. "But that's an Angel...that's not a devil." I state.

"Learn your facts. Even the the devil used to be an angel." His voice is so sinister.

I stared at him for a long time wondering who he was but I didn't say anything. I figure it wouldn't matter regardless. I released the chain against his chest accidentally running my hand across it. I could feel him tense under my touch.

There's no denying how attractive this man is, he's wearing a white t-shirt and some grey sweats yet he looks amazingly sexy. His tattoos on his neck are exposed, his hair is neatly braided into four braids with a freshly cut lining. And he smells so good like he'd just stepped out out of the shower.

When I realized my hand was still on his chest I moved away awkwardly.

"You can tell Cash that I don't want you doing this for me. I appreciate it and everything but I'm neither of you guy's responsibility." I tried to say it with as much kindness as I could.

"Can't. He'd hate me if I did, besides he's like kind of in love with you or whatever."

"Yeah I know." I say lowly. Sad thing is I'm not the type of girl who can just date any guy. I have to feel an actual connection and with Cash there's nothing there. And as much as it kills me to say this it's true.

"Just do me a favor," he looks over at me his eyes meeting mine. "Don't hurt him."

As much as I wanted to promise I wouldn't we both knew it'd come down to that. Suddenly we were pulling up in front of Penny's house. I felt the urge to hug him, I don't honestly know why but I felt that urge.

Instead I just gave him a small smile. "Uh...thank you?" It sounded like more of a question all though it wasn't meant to be. He just nodded before staring ahead at the steering wheel.

A little voice in my head told me to stay for a while, like he'd have something to say. But I didn't.

Instead I climbed out of the car and closed it behind me. Making my way on to Penny's porch.

•PENNY•
Pen

She's so beautiful, crazy thing is she doesn't even try. Her hair always looks so perfect, her clothes are so original and not whorish like mine, and her body is utterly a work of art.

She's amazing.

I used to want to be her.

I promise you I did.