Potions

Not many people believe that potions are a real thing used by witches (Many witches don't even believe in potions and don't realize they use potions all the time). They actually are real thing. Older potions required weird things like things like eye of newt (it's not actually eye of newt. its just the old world nickname for mustard seed) and adder's fork (old world name for the herb Adder's tongue/ Adder's fork)(you should really look up a lot of the old world names for different herbs to freak people out when they look in your grimoire). Newer potions are more likely to require peppermint or chamomile.

The word potion comes from the Latin word "potio" which means "drink" and is a liquid that is believed to hold magical powers. Rain water, moon water, and oils, as well as any other liquid used in witchcraft are also considered potions.

Some potions are drinkable while others are used in baths or during a ritual. But as a general rule, most potions are meant to be consumed. Most potions are made by steeping herbs in some kind of liquid, like water or some kind of alcohol or an oil. 

Potions are very popular among occultist and alchemists.

Potions used for healing and as medicine are called philters. They can be used to restore sexuality and vitality or increase attraction or bring about the healing of a illness. 

Potions can be purely magical, purely medicinal, or a mixture of the two.

You know how you could make chocolate milk out of chocolate syrup and milk? You can use this as a protection potion. The color brown is associated with protection as well as many other things. This could also be a fertility potion, because of the milk. Or it could be used to strengthen your intuition, because chocolate helps with that. So many different uses for the same potion. 

A simple healing potion requires half an apple (fresh), a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of rosemary, 2 pinches of willow tree bark (not really required. optional), and a pot of water. Add all the ingredients to the pot of water and bring it to a boil. After about a minute or two turn off the stove. You can drink this as a hot tea or let it cool down and drink it with ice cubes