Scrying

I decided that i wanted to try scrying for the first time on this upcoming blue moon on Samhain, so i've been doing tons of research on it and i'm ready to share my findings.

The word scry comes from the old English word descry, which means "to make out dimly" or "to reveal"

Meaning that scrying to reveal the unseen through the art of gazing at something.

Before scrying, i suggest meditating and and opening your third eye. (comment if you want me to make a chapter on opening your third eye.)

When gazing into your preferred scrying medium, try to look past it. Don't stare at it intently, trying to force a vision. Instead soften your gaze and let the images come to you.

Here are some mediums that can be used for scrying (let me know if you want a more indepth  chapter on how to scry with any of these mediums)

Wax: This is usually done by dripping wax in water

Clouds: Also known as cloud gazing. Seeing and interpreting the shapes clouds make

Mirror: This is usually done with  black mirror. It's hard to explain this one, you just soften your gaze and the visions will come to you.

Water: you do this the same way you do mirror. Lots of people add black ink to their water to make it like a makeshift black mirror, or they put a crystal in the water to focus on. You can also use a stick or your finger to make ripples in the water.

Oil: This is done by pouring oil into a dish or putting it on your body and interpreting the light reflecting off of it

Eyes: This is probably the most unusual form of scrying, this is done by staring into someones eyes and observing their reflections. The eyes are the windows to the souls

There are far more forms of scrying, but it would take me forever to find them all and add them to this list. The only other forms of scrying i can remember are smoke, fire, and tasseomancy (believe it or not, tea leaf reading is a form of scrying. lots of people seem to forget that)