zehn.

After having to retreat back and ask Chan for the question numbers for the chemistry assignment, Felix planned on going straight home.

He did not plan on Hyunjin coaxing him into Chan's car, and then furthering the action by making Felix sit in the front seat while the other four piled themselves into the backseat.

So, long story short, Hyunjin and Minho sat in the back seat screaming lyrics that barely made any sense because they were either a beat late, or getting the words wrong.

Jisung and Changbin remained silent.

Chan was busy hiding his smile at the ridiculousness of the two males with the aux cord.

The blond didn't understand how they could be so okay with being stuffed into the back seat like a double decker sandwich, considering the fact that the back seat was built for three people maximum.

To make a short story even shorter, Chan had driven half way across town to drop off Jisung and Minho at a coffee shop (because it was right in the middle of both of their apartments) and Then drive in the opposite direction to drop Hyunjin and Changbin off, right. Back. At. The. Studio.

Felix was left sitting in the passenger seat of Chan's now uncomfortably quiet car. There wasn't even a light beat coming out of the speakers. Just the sound of their breathing- if that.

"So," Chan's voice cracked slightly, and he glanced over at him before his eyes immediately turned back towards the road. "When do you want to start recording your part of the, uh, song?"

He turned his head and offered Chan's side profile an uninterested gaze, before he shrugged his shoulders. "Whenever is most convenient, I suppose."

Chan's nose scrunched slightly, and Felix just nodded his head as his eyes maintained contact with the road.

"Would you be okay with starting it tomorrow? Unless you're doing something, anyway."

He puckered his lips slightly, mostly to himself before turning an annoyed eye in the older male's direction, only to drop it down to his lap. "I'm only available when I wake up and from two to four. After four I have to practice. Otherwise I have classes and homework."

Chan just released a hum, and then the rest of the drive was silent again.

Felix had quickly scrambled out of the car the moment it was turned off, throwing his bag over his shoulder and digging in his front pocket for the apartment key.

He wasn't in a rush, no- although it may have seemed that way.

He just felt that, the quicker he got inside the sooner his chemistry homework would be completed. Though, he and everyone else knew that there was going to be very minimal chemistry homework done.

Felix waited just a few seconds for Chan to get his own things out of the car before he began towards the apartment building.

Though, he had no idea why he waited. Chan had a key, ane its not like he was going to lock Chan out.

Huffing lightly once he opened the door and held it open for Chan, Felix gently patted his left ass cheek- lightly hitting his phone. He then walked towards the elevator, pressing the up button while Chan struggled to maintain a hold on his things.

Felix didn't know how Chan maintained any order with all the stuff he had stuffed in his hands. Really; how much computer equipment did he even need.

And I mean, really, is it that hard to ask for a little help? Or would that damage his ego?

Felix grumbled, turning slightly to grab one of the larger materials in his hands, adjusting it slightly just as the elevator door opened.

The latter uttered a small thank you as they stepped out of the elevator before it closed, and Felix just offered him a tiny smile in return as he walked down the hall to the apartment door.

He lightly propped the box in his hands on his knee and against the door as he inserted the key into the lock. He then lightly turned the handle and shoved the door open with a single tap of his foot, before stepping inside.

Felix spun in a small circle and looked at Chan, then down at the box, then back up at Chan. The latter nodded his head towards his own room, and Felix turned and walked towards it.

The box wasn't even heavy. That heavy, anyway. Fragile, perhaps- but it certainly wasn't all that hard to carry.

"You can just set it down on the bed, I'll get to it later."

He snapped his head in Chan's direction, but then set down the black box on the dark comforter.

It had just dawned on him that he had never seen Chan's room after he moved in. And, admittedly, it looked nice.

Along one wall was a keyboard, an expensive looking keyboard with far too many buttons (and if Felix weren't half blind, he'd see how ridiculously named the buttons were) was pressed to the wall. Right beside it was an expensive looking microphone.

Along the wall adjacent to that, was a computer system- two screens, one keyboard, but a lot of hard drives.

It took Felix a moment to realize that the desk had been moved to the spot beside the bed, separating it from the wall beside it. On the desk was a simple, damn near stereotypically feminine (it was very nice, though) jewelry box.

Felix didn't even bother trying to examine the papers on it from afar. It didn't involve him.

"Thank you. For the help, I mean." Chan scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

At that, Felix shrugged his shoulders, and then allowed his eyes to wander around the room again. "It's no problem. Maybe next time ask for some help, though, instead of trying to do it all by yourself."

Chan just nodded softly, and Felix raised the corner of his lips slightly before he turned to leave the room.

"Ah, uh-" the latter started, clearing his throat as Felix turned around. "That goes for you, too. You don't have to pay all of the bills in full on your own."

Felix let out a heavy breath through his nose. "If it's my turn to pay the bills in full, I'm going to pay the bills in full. I don't need help from a walking mannequin."

Was that meant to be a compliment or an insult? Felix wondered as he walked further out of the room, and towards his own. Meh.

Dropping his bag beside the door of his room, Felix took a few small steps towards his closet and lightly swung it open, pulling out a pair of light pink sweats and tossing them over his shoulders before he gathered the rest of his things (and a clean towel) and walked into his bathroom.

Thankfully the mat in front of the tub had been replaced- thank fuck for Hyunjin -and he no longer had to worry about losing traction when stepping out of the shower.

He busted his ass three times because of that. He wasn't going to be doing it a fourth time.

Once he got out of the shower, Felix breathed out a sigh of relief.

Now, with the light pink sweats tied up so they stayed just below his belly button, Felix stepped out of the bathroom, the towel against his head as he ruffled his hair free of water. 

Felix turned and walked towards his closet, but froze only a few feet away from it.

Tell my mom I love her.

-    /    -

[ a/n ] ruh roh