siebenundzwanzig.

If there was one thing Felix loved more than denying the fact that he was so far in like with his roommate, it was definitely not hanging upside down on his bed as he and Hyunjin bounced calculus vocabulary back and forth.

He would have been alright with it, just a tad bit more than he was, if Hyunjin wasn't so insistent on his words being correct, as opposed to the actual words.

Example: see summation. He said insemination. Make sense? Yeah. 

Hyunjin wasn't the worst study buddy; considering the fact that Hyunjin was actually really smart, he was just… hard to study with. If he thought before he spoke, then maybe it'd be a little easier for the two of them to get somewhere with their studying, rather than giggling at Hyunjin's english language fibs.

"What does FTC mean?"

Felix combed his hair back, only for it to flop back towards the ground as he breathed out. "Uhmm, Fundamental Theorem for Calculus."

His friend let out a huff, "Of calculus, but I guess that works."

Felix let out a groan, rubbing his hand over his face with a heavy exhale before he pointed at Hyunjin. "Explain the error in trapezoidal rule."

"Fuck that shit," Hyunjin sputtered, throwing the paper clipped papers at Felix. "I'll worry about that when finals come around. Wanna know why? Because we passed that topic already."

Felix blinked at Hyunjin a few times, and then lifted himself up and turned around to look at him right. "We finished that topic last week, Hyunjin."

The pink haired male raised his head slightly. "Did we really?"

Releasing a small sigh, Felix fell back onto his bed, still leaning over the edge of it and staring at a now upside down Hyunjin. "Maybe I'll just drop out with you. Calculus isn't worth my time."

"I don't even know why you're in calculus as an art student."

Felix tilted his head back slightly, lightly chewing on his bottom lip before huffing. "Because of your dumbass. You didn't want to be alone. Remember now?"

His friend nodded his head and then clicked his tongue. "Yeah," Hyunjin muttered, head bobbing slightly, "I remember now. Anyway, Felix?"

The blond hummed, closing his eyes as he raised his hands to rub his face.

"How're you and Chan getting along? I saw you two at the cafe by the studio yesterday."

Felix scrunched up his nose, opening his eyes to look at Hyunjin in the eye. "We're getting along just fine. It was just coffee."

A small giggle escaped Hyunjin's lips, and Felix raised an eyebrow at him curiously. "You like him, Felix, how cuuuuuuute. Lixie has a little crush on his roommate."

"You do know that you already admitted to it being your fault that I'm where I am with my emotions, right? It's all your fault that I even like Chan. Not that I'm going to admit it to you ever again."

Hyunjin groaned. "Come on, Felix! Thank Seungmin, Jeongin and I. We just did something so that you would get a good roommate and Chan would get to try and be closer to you."

He released a huff. He really was shameless. "I don't even have the mental bandwidth to be angry at you for it," Felix concluded, scratching his nose slightly, "but I'm also not going to thank any of you. I didn't even know Seungmin was a part of this."

"To be fair," Hyunjin reasoned, "we don't ever really talk to Seungmin or Jeongin. I only asked them because they knew what they were doing when they were making the website. But, hey, you believed it, so I think it's alright."

Felix rolled over onto his stomach, his arms dangling and touching the floor. "You make me sound stupid."

There was a moment of silence, and slowly Felix wiggled himself off of the bed, rolling forward to place his hands flat beside his head before he rolled himself off of the bed.

"That's because you are stupid."

"Shut up."

Felix slowly sat up, releasing a small sigh as he scooted himself backwards and leaned against the bed.

"Are you ever going to make a move on him?" Hyunjin then asked, carding his hair back.

He furrowed his eyebrows, turning his head to look at Hyunjin. "Why am I the one who has to make a move? If either of us would make a move, theoretically, anyway."

A raspberry was blown in his direction, and he wiped at his face as Hyunjin's spit splattered his cheeks. "You like him, this isn't theoretics. But Chan won't do anything unless you make the move first."

Clicking his tongue a single time, Felix leaned his head back before rolling it to face Hyunjin.

"Why not make a bet on how long it takes me to do that then, Hwang," Felix offered, leaning forward as he crossed his legs to lean his elbows against the spot above his knees. "Because I know you won't stop pestering me until I do something about this."

Hyunjin gave Felix an oddly triumphant smile, as if he knew exactly what Felix was going to offer; and that Hyunjin was going to win. "What exactly are you proposing to me, Lee?"

A low hum rumbled at the base of his throat as he looked up at his ceiling, and then looked right back at Hyunjin. "There's two days before the competition. If I can manage to make a move before then, then I win. If I make a move after the competition, then you win."

"You're really only giving yourself two days to do this, Felix? Are you sure about this?" Hyunjin asked, tilting his head to the side slightly. "That's forty-eight hours. Less than forty-eight hours, actually."

Felix inhaled, and then exhaled as he looked at Hyunjin. "Fine, three days. The morning after the competition."

As if he was juggling the idea, Hyunjin looked up at the ceiling of Felix's room, shrugging his shoulders back and forth before looking back at Felix with a nod of his head. "That's a deal. Loser buy's dinner?"

Hyunjin extended his hand, his middle finger held out in Felix's direction. Briefly quirking his eyebrow, Felix reached his own hand forward, middle finger extended as well before they hooked their middle fingers together and shook their hands.

"R.I.P to one of our wallets."

At least now he knew that he was going to be the one to win that stupid bet this time around.

-    /    -

a/n || no kisses yet sorry 😗