achtzehn.

Seeing Yang Jeongin's bright smile the first second he walked into the school wasn't anything he was particularly looking forward to.

Not because he didn't like Jeongin- he certainly liked the younger boy -it was just so… happy.

The younger boy's smile never seemed to die down, even after Felix sat down in his chair in the back of the art classroom. God, why was he so happy?

"Yes, Jeongin?"

The brunet jumped up on his toes in excitement, like he had been waiting for Felix to ask him a question- at least why he was so happy. "Seungminnie kissed me yesterday."

He let out a hum. He didn't want to seem uninterested- but he sincerely couldn't help it.

There was a very long limit that Felix had when it came to seeing people at seven thirty in the morning. Dealing with excitement wasn't something that Felix was good at doing that early in the morning.

Now, if it were a little bit later in the day, perhaps he'd show a little more enthusiasm for the young boy's announcement. 

His unamused hum didn't stop Jeongin from rambling on about how it happened, and Felix did everything he could to make it seem like he was paying attention.

Which, he was doing, he was paying attention- enough for him to know that Seungmin was one of the most awkward kiss initiators that Felix had ever even heard of.

Not that he could blame the boy, though. Felix probably wasn't much better.

When Jeongin began talking about how soft his lips were- gosh, how much about Seungmin did Jeongin actually know because of this kiss, exactly? -his mind began to wander away from Jeongin's story, and throughout his own imagination.

Were Chan's lips soft?

Felix's eyebrows furrowed, and he propped his chin in the palm of his hand as he stared up at the white board.

If they were, what kind of chapstick did he use?

Shaking his head slightly, he turned his head to look over at Jeongin. The boy was so whipped for Seungmin that it was painfully- and I mean painfully -obvious that he had a thing for him.

Though, in its own way it was kind of cute. Annoying, sometimes, but cute.

"You know, maybe we should get you a partner. You seem like you're kind of lonely compared to everyone else I talk to."

Felix's eyebrows furrowed, and he pouted his lips slightly as he shook his head and lifted himself to sit up straight. "Chivalry is dead. The love of my life is paint, dancing, and writing. I'll just write or paint my nonexistent but desired lovelife. It's fine."

Jeongin's lips were pulled into a straight line. "Felix, that's really lonely," the younger boy snorted, turning his chair around to straddle it, "I think you need a girlfriend or boyfriend."

"I'm gay, for the fifth time, not bisexual," he deadpanned, leaning back in the chair slightly as he crossed his arms over his chest.

The boy nodded his head as he clicked his tongue. "Cool. We need to get you a boyfriend. Do you have your eyes on anyone?"

Felix let out a tired sigh, and then leaned his head back. He didn't know how to answer this without seeming like he wanted to be lonely forever.

A little voice in the back of his head whispered Christopher and then faded off into the rest of his thoughts, and he scrunched his nose at himself.

I do not like Chan.

"What did you say-"

Felix shook his head softly, dismissing Jeongin's comment with a wave of his hand. "It's nothing. I don't like anyone. And even if I did, why would I tell you?"

Jeongin's brows raised, and he leaned back and rolled his shoulders. It was like he was getting ready to square up against Felix's challenging words. "Because I got myself a boyfriend before you and I'm even younger than you. That's why. I could get you a boyfriend in a snap."

"What are you, Cupid?" Felix tutted, shaking his head slightly as he leaned further back into the chair. "If I wanted a boyfriend I would have achieved that by now, Jeongin. I mean, have you seen me?"

The younger male rolled his eyes, shaking his own head before leaning forward and flicking his forehead softly. "You and I both know I'm superior at playing the romance game. And that's not a challenge, by the way. I just know I am."

Felix laughed softly, leaning forward against the table to stare Jeongin in the eyes. "Well, mister romance expert, I'll have you know that I know what I'm doing. Sort of."

"Sure you do, and I'm not failing this class right now."

"Yang Jeongin-" Felix's voice fell to a hushed whisper as he flicked his forehead, causing Jeongin to lean back and glare at him. "How the fuck are you failing this class?"

The male let out a laugh, lightly scooting his chair away from Felix's table. "I dunno. I don't think she's a fan of me gluing paper to paper and calling it painting."

"That's because it's not painting," Felix muttered softly, shaking his head before he let out another sigh, this time a bored one. "Why don't you paint Seungmin for this next project, hm? That way it motivates you to actually paint."

Jeongin tilted his head to the side, head bobbing back and forth before he looked at him and nodded his head. "Yeah. You're right. Maybe I'll give that a go and maybe then I'll pass. Thank you for the wisdom, young master."

"I'm literally older than you."

The younger male snorted. "Fine then." He then stood up and bowed down at the waist, only to stand up again. "Thank you for your knowledge, grandpa, I'll be sure to use it well."

"Why you fuckwad-"

"Lee," The teacher said sternly, pointing a black expo marker at him with raised eyebrows. "Don't call people fuckwads in my presence unless you would like to be called a fuckwad."

Jeongin laughed, and Felix stuck his tongue out at the male.

-    /    -

a/n || whats this? third update today? 🤔 i should do my music history reading whoops eifnaibeiqhz8wbrair

does anyone else like apocalyptic (particularly zombis) au's or is taht just a me thing

also your opinions on minsung

both questions are for. uhm. scientific purposes. :)