11 - Isolate & Lies.

Harry stands there staring at Zara and the pregnancy test. His emotions are playing a huge number on him but he steadies himself by remembering this is only an emotional response from her.

It feels like the past few days of calm, relaxation and serenity has been set on fire by chaos. This is rather chaotic and nerve wrecking for the two of them. Especially for Zara.

Right now, there's nothing in her head. It is all panic and possibly her brain screaming at her for messing everything up. This was not the plan. In fact finding herself in a relationship with an extremely successful Rockstar is not what she planned.

And, now that there's possibly a bun in the oven, it feels even worse. Zara manages to find her breathing and she looks up to see him calmly staring at her.

"Breathe," he manages to say.

"I'm trying to," she replies.

"I will ask the question again, okay?" he says. "What do you need me to do?"

"Nothing, you've done enough," she manages to chuckle.

"What's that tone?" he frowns.

"What tone?" Zara frowns in return.

Harry doesn't look like he's managing this well.

"I've done enough. What's that supposed to mean?" he asks.

"It means what it means," she shrugs.

"Zara, I don't need an attitude right now," his voice is low.

"Harry, I don't need anything right now, okay?" She tries not to snap.

"Where was that answer before? What the hell is you telling me I've done enough?" he does the snapping.

Zara stays silent as she watches him recoil into his broody dark shell and she calmly watches him. This is how he deals with his own emotions. He goes dark and extremely quiet.

It's always hard to know what he's thinking or how he's truly feeling because he struggles with sharing enough. Over the months she's come to know he never wants to be an emotional burden on anyone so he'd rather be the asshole first.

It is not the smartest thing to do, but she understands him. Realising nobody is going to win in this silent battle of the emotions, she walks over to him and takes his hand in hers.

Harry slowly withdraws from the touch, still sensitive.

"You really cannot be more upset about this than I am," she says.

"Why should I be upset about this?" he is confused.

"Harry, this is huge," she gestures at her currently normal belly.

"Pregnant? You are pregnant. Why is the word so hard on your tongue?" he asks.

"Because I am clearly upset about being pregnant," she snaps at him.

"Why do you assume I am upset about you carrying my child?" Harry asks.

"Because I didn't plan on having babies anytime soon. I have a plan, okay? This was never part of it," Zara barks out an answer.

"Oh right, and tell me how you don't want to specifically have my baby," he eggs her on.

Zara pauses in realisation and rubs her forehead with a palm. Of course he took that to heart and she can see why.

"I wasn't being specific, please," she mumbles.

"You made it very clear," he stares at her, offended.