4 - Friends & Teams.

Harry leans on the kitchen counter exhaling and counting his breaths. The small crowd outside is having the time of their lives and he's sure he'd rather be somewhere else. 

The small glass of water next to him is ignored and he feels his mouth drying.

Someone walks into the kitchen and quietly observes as he gets out his phone, checking for a call or any notification. Harry frowns and places the phone on the counter with a frown etched on his face.

"Mate, you okay?"

Zayn walks over to stand right next to Harry with a half drank bottle of water in one hand and a burnt out cigarette in another. He is picking up the anxiety and discomfort from his friend, and cannot ignore it.

"Yeah," Harry clears his throat.

"Why are you here alone?" Zayn quips.

"Zara called to say she's almost here, so yeah," he replies.

"Oh Zara, yeah your girl," Zayn smiles a little.

Harry cannot help but smile himself. He knows there are no labels right now but the mere thought of Zara being referred to as his girl is something that makes him warm on the inside. 

He reaches for the glass of water and downs it. This is the first time he's found himself testing labels before going to bed with a person and it makes him a little worried he might be rushing things. 

"Not my girl," he manages to say.

"You had to take a glass of water before saying that," Zayn raises an eyebrow.

"I'm thirsty," Harry mutters.

"For her? Of course, you are," Zayn rolls his eyes.

There's mild cheering from the small crowd within and Harry checks his phone for anything to remind him of why he showed up here. 

Zayn hosts random events at his flat but recently he's been spending time with Zara and loves the grounded feeling that comes with it. Being away from the crowd, away from the obligations, away from the press and a need to constantly perform is refreshing. 

"I think she's like five minutes away," he nearly stutters.

"You needed to save yourself from my guests," Zayn points out.

"I like how you know me," Harry smiles.

Zayn tosses the cigarette into the nearest trash and stares at Harry with concern. 

This is someone he has known for more than a decade in both professional and personal ways, so he can proudly say he knows when there's more than what meets the eyes.

"So, your manager has been texting me," he starts.

Harry awkwardly shifts and looks away.

"Earth to Harry," Zayn waves a hand across his face. "He says you're not answering his calls, messages and mails."

"And?" Harry frowns.

"Maybe you want to do that later?" Zayn asks.

"I don't need you telling me what to do," Harry grows cold.

"I don't need you getting defensive with me," Zayn quickly says.

Harry strains his neck and avoids eye contact with a very correct Zayn but his stubbornness has taken front seat.

"Then, drop it."

"Harry," Zayn says.

"What?" Harry softly snaps. "I don't want to talk about this, not when Zara is almost here."