16 - Recoveries & Acceptance.

Freya Ridings - You Mean The World To Me.

(Y'all need to comment more, I feel like nobody is reading lmao)

-

Harry paces around the studio as he bops his shoulders to the tune blasting and he looks at Zayn with a quirked up eyebrow.

Zayn shrugs and gives him a thumbs up. It's a super lazy thumbs up and Harry frowns. He turns to the studio engineer and signals at him to stop the music.

"What is wrong with you?" Harry is still frowning.

"What did I do this time around?" Zayn smiles.

"You're so hard to please," Harry sighs.

"I told you I like the song but I'm still not down for a collab," he replies.

"Oh the idea of a feud brings more business for you?" Harry smirks.

Zayn gives him a rude glance.

"Don't say stupid things when you're happy," he subtly warns.

"Fine. I'm still saving that beat for us," Harry shrugs.

Zayn smiles and looks around the studio. It's been a long time since they recorded a thing together and this brings back so many memories. Some good and some just terribly random. Harry gets out his phone to check a message and chuckles.

"What's tickling you?" Zayn asks, dryly.

"Poppy said she's getting Zara to eat," he replies.

"Ah yes, how's it going on the parental front?" Zayn smiles.

"It's so weird. We're always arguing or just not talking to each other sometimes," Harry shakes his head.

"Isn't that the whole idea of a relationship?" Zayn asks, half joking.

"Still wondering how to tell our families and other friends," Harry rolls his eyes, ignoring the statement.

"Remember to take it one day at a time, you two are still finding balance and working things out, okay?" Zayn reminds him.

"Wow, he happens to be wise on some days," Harry gives a dramatic gasp.

"Only on 3-5 working days," Zayn chuckles.

Just as Sarah and Mitch walk in, ready to resume after their break, Harry's phone starts ringing.

It's Zara's line. A little bit of his heart starts racing because she sternly said she would only call if it was urgent.

He knows this job is heavy and stressful, but he refuses to think the worst.

Harry nervously answers the call and stays silent as he picks up on heavy breathing. It is Poppy. Poppy is crying and trying to control herself.

"Breathe and talk," he manages to say.

"H-Harry?" Poppy says through tears.

"Pops, what happened to Zara?" Harry's voice goes low.

Zayn stands up as he notices the change in voice and facial expression. Harry listens on as Poppy manages to explain how she found Zara passed out and everything goes black for a minute.

He feels an arm tug at him and zones out, forgetting what the words he's hearing mean.

Nothing makes sense as he staggers back and luckily falls on the sofa, trying to remember how to breathe.