Devotion

It was the afternoon of the next day. Shizuka was at the cafe, wondering about the new hire who was said to come. Although no date was told as of yet, she was still quite curious as to who this person was. If she was someone the owner trusted, she had to be a good person. At least, she hoped so. She didn't know about being friends with this person, but at the very least, she would like to get to know her.

"Shizuka-chan. Time to switch with me," Marina said as she approached her ward.

Shizuka snapped out of her thoughts at those words and nodded at her.

"You can take a proper break," Marina told her. "I heard from Ran. You've been working in the stage during your break. You need some proper rest. The mini live is in a couple of days, and I need all hands on deck."

Shizuka could only nod in understanding, as she made her way into CiRCLE. As she walked in, the mute wondered what how to spend her free time, when she faintly heard some ruckus in one of the studios. Specifically, the very studio PoPiPa and Roselia were using for their joint practice.

'It couldn't be... Another argument?' she assumed, peeking into the crack made at the door.

"The bass was a little behind on that last part," Yukina said to PoPiPa.

"S-Sorry!" Rimi apologized.

"Let's try it one more time!" Kasumi told her band, as they started to play a song from the beginning.

Meanwhile, the rest of Roselia stood back as they watched their vocalist train the other band.

"Th-This is... wow..." Ako could only say.

"Y-Yes... Yukina-san... is really strict..." Rinko stated.

"This kind of feels like a boot camp than a group practice session..." Lisa said.

Shizuka was inclined to believe in those words, especially considering how professional Roselia is compared to the other bands. Yet, despite the intense training, PoPiPa were going through the regime with smiles on their faces. Well, most of them were.

"Yukina. Giving them an intensive is good and all, but go easy on them, okay?" Lisa then said.

"That wasn't my intention..." Yukina said.

"How about a quick break? I feel bad having you teach us nonstop," Saya suggested.

"It's fine. It's wonderful that you have the will to improve yourselves," Sayo commented.

Hearing this baffled Shizuka. PoPiPa actually asked for this?

"I have to say though, you're really good at the guitar," Tae complimented Sayo.

"... Thank you. In my opinion, I still have a long way to go, mind you," Sayo retorted.

"Oh, come on~ These cute little 1st graders are being sweet. You could just say thanks, you know~" Lisa teased.

"I'm not being obstinate; I honestly feel that way."

"You're amazing, Sayo-senpai. What made you want to practice so hard?" Kasumi asked.

Sayo took a moment before answering, "Technique is everything."

"It's everything?" Rimi repeated questionably.

"We only believe in the absolute. And technique is an absolute standard in which one can be evaluated. That's why we refine our skills," Yukina explained.

"Hmm... This is kind of hard to follow," Kasumi groaned.

Arisa sighed at those words. "I knew you were going to say that."