Poppin' Pappin' Encounter

It's been a week since Shizuka started living with Marina and working in CiRCLE. During the past week, the girl had been silent and helpful as ever. Marina knew she should have her attend school by now, but with how busy things were, especially at the cafe, there just wasn't any time to get her application ready. Plus, she didn't know exactly which school to send her to. The owner hadn't called back since then either, and they haven't found anyone interested in working at live house.

"You've been working here a while now. How are you finding it?" Marina asked Shizuka. There weren't that many people coming in today, so the adult took the time to teach the girl the ropes in running a live house, as well as the ins and outs of some of the equipments in the studios.

Shizuka took out her sketchbook and wrote down her response. "It's okay. I like it here."

Reading that made Marina happy, especially since the girl still hadn't been that expressive with her since they first met. "Well, that's great to hear. It's really been a huge help having you around," she said.

Shizuka looked down, blushing lightly at the compliment. She was not used to having these compliments directed at her.

"Still... if we don't start getting more band customers in, I don't know what'll happen to the event..." Marina then said.

Shizuka raised a brow at this and wrote, "Event?"

Marina noticed the written question. "Hm? You don't know? I thought the owner told you, since she knew you. Oh well, I can do it. So, you know how this live house was created to help support all the girl bands we have in town?" Shizuka nodded. "Well, there's going to be an event here soon where all those girl bands can come and play live. The only conditions are being girls, and being a band. Pros, amateurs, everyone's welcome! The only problem is..."

Shizuka quickly wrote on her sketchbook. "We don't have a single band sign up yet."

Marina sighed at this. "Right. I mean, I know we're not the most famous place in the world, but still... Not even the very few bands that does come here are interested. The owner really believes this is our chance to get our name out there. She's really counting on me, and... I don't know what to do..."

Shizuka could tell that this was really bringing her guardian down and was saddened by it. If she could, she would sign up for the event herself, but unfortunately, one person does not make one band.

"Hello!" came a sudden cheery voice, one that made Shizuka flinch and instinctively hide behind Marina.

"Wah! Wh-Who are you?!" Marina asked, facing the doors where the voice came from.

By the doors, there was a girl with purple eyes and brown hair... somehow shaped as cat ears. She also had a guitar case on her back.

"I'm Toyama Kasumi! Nice to meet you!" the girl, Kasumi, greeted

Arriving next was a girl with brown eyes and blonde hair in pigtails. She seemed exhausted, as three other girls arrived after her, two of them also with cases on their backs.