Vocalist

After recruiting two members into their band, Guren and Shizuka went back to work, now that their break was over. As for Hitomi and Miu, the pair felt they had overstayed their welcome and hurried on home. Well... Hitomi did, and urged Miu to allow them to return home, in which the disabled nodded to, promising they will return the following day to talk more band stuff, as well as help out with the event the half-sisters were hearing and reading about.

"I still can't believe we actually found a member joining the band. Two members, for that matter," Guren said to Shizuka, helping the mute dry the cooking tools the latter was washing. Her casted arm was wrapped up in a waterproof protector, preventing any water from getting on it.

Shizuka nodded in agreement to her words, also finding it hard to believe they had recruited a pair of skilled members so easily.

"All that's left is a vocalist, and the band will be complete."

Another nod from the mute.

"Of course, we can't just forget about the Girls Band Party. The others may be helping out with preparation, but that doesn't mean we should shirk work. At the very least, we have to make the stage as grand as possible. It is a big event, after all."

Once again, another silent nod.

Guren took a pause from drying the plates and turned to her coworker. "... No offense but, we really need to do something about your voice."

Shizuka winced slightly at those words, and retaliated to them by splashing some water on Guren.

"Ah! I said 'no offense'."

The mute let out a silent chuckle in response, causing Guren to raise a brow at the action.

"Oh, well someone is feeling playful," she said, splashing some water back at her working senpai.

This resulted in a little splash fight between the two girls, both who were laughing along as they played with the water. As they did, unknown to them, Marina watched the pair have their fun, feeling especially happy for Shizuka. She had overheard their session earlier, and was feeling especially happy her ward for finding members to her band, even if they were disabled like her. In fact, she was so happy, she made a small arrangement to the band list. Nothing finalized, but just in case if they have found their last member and have a song ready before the day of the event, be it a cover or an original.

******

After work was done for the day, Guren was walking home, feeling quite refreshed and happy. She found it enjoyable enough to simply play her keyboard solo, be it at her uncle's place or via a street performance, but playing her music with others... It was a brand new experience for her. More than that, it led her to more friends. Well, music acquaintances and bandmates, but regardless. The experience was quite memorable to her.

'If we're going to be a band, we may also need some original songs,' she thought. 'I did write some music. Maybe I can revise them, and talk to the others about lyrics for them.'

Just then, she felt a sting on her arm, causing her to stop in her tracks and look down at the cast. Before the session- heck, before work- Guren took some painkillers from her personal doctor to endure whatever pain would come from her piano playing, amongst all other things. Carrying to a fro the counter was one thing; playing piano as passionately as she usually do, however, was an entirely different matter, and she was starting to feel the aftermath from the effect, as she placed a hand over her casted arm, holding back the urge to clutch it in pain, so as to not aggravate the wound any more than it already was.

"Shit... I moved it a bit too much..." she grumbled in realization. "There should be a park nearby. I best cool it down..." Her destination in mind, Guren headed straight for the park.