Rumors of the Jailbird

It was morning at Haneoka High School. After what happened last night, Yukina, Lisa, and Ran had decided to talk to Guren first thing in the morning before class began. The vocalist of Afterglow even told her band about what occurred that night on the phone, and they also wanted to talk Guren about whole 'curse' and 'leaving' thing. As they waited in the classroom, Maya came by, curious as to why such an odd group gathered in the room, especially when most of them don't belong in the classroom, and majority of the most are a year younger. By the time she was caught up to the situation, she wished to speak to Guren about her case as well, but class was about to start, and the girl had yet to arrive.

It wasn't until a few classes later, the girl showed up then... in an unexpected appearance.

"Sakura-san! What on earth happened to you?!" the teacher gasped, for the girl's face had some light bruises on her face, and her uniform was a bit dirtied up.

"I fell down some stairs," she simply said.

"Those do not look like injuries you get just from falling down a few steps. Though it may explain your lateness. It's currently the third period, you know."

"It was a long flight of stairs," Guren then said, clearly not wanting to go into any more details about her situation.

"In any case, you should get those injuries checked at the nurse's office." Almost as soon as she said that, Guren pulled out a note from her bag.

"Already got checked out by my doctor. It's nothing serious."

Looking over the note, though not fully convinced, the teacher could only let out a sigh. "... Well, if you say so. Take your seat."

Without another word, the girl did just that, limping as she walked to her table.

While the rest of the class all mumbled at the sight of her, wondering how she got those injuries, Yukina and Maya could only stare at her in shock, especially the vocalist of Roselia. Though Guren did warn them about her curse, for her to be injured the very next day? The timing was all too convenient.

"All right, quiet down. We can make do without the racket in this class," the teacher called. "Now then, can someone translate this sentence?"

******

Once lunch came along, Yukina and Maya approached Guren.

"Sakura-san, did something happen?" the drummer of Pastel*Palettes asked. "You missed the first and second period, and half of the third period. Not to mention those injuries..."

"It's nothing. Like I said, I just fell down some stairs," the keyboardist said.

"Did you? I find it hard to believe," Yukina retorted. "After what you told us yesterday, you just happened to get injured the very next day? How do we know you aren't staging this to make this 'curse' you speak of believable?"

Guren glanced to the side for a moment, before looking back to the vocalist. "It's your choice if you want to believe it or not. Just stay away from me," she then advised, leaving her seat with her bag.

Yukina, however, wasn't having it. "Hold it." As she grabbed her arm, Guren winced and held back a pained grunt, much to her and Maya's confusion. Next the pair knew, the injured girl looked back at them with a frightening glare.

 Next the pair knew, the injured girl looked back at them with a frightening glare