Practice

It was the late afternoon in CiRCLE. There, one certain group of people gathered for a day of joint band practice for their song. And with it, later on, there will be a group of people doing their own practice in one of the studios.

Two of the latter group- Shizuka and Guren- were spending the day working at CiRCLE, as per usual. While the latter was supervising the collab band in case if there were any sort of... 'funny business' coming up, the former was doing some preparations for the snack and refreshments group, who will be arriving soon to speak to her about the ideas they thought of selling for the event, as she will to them, setting up several treats for them to see and taste. She may have gotten some good reviews on them from Moca, Guren, and the collab band, but since there were people practically assigned for this part of the preparation, she needed their final input. Even more so as two amongst the group were more used to selling food items than she was. Well... she did get Tsugumi's feedback on the treats- positive feedback with questions as to how she baked them so well and what she mixed in the drinks- but Shizuka still felt she needed the others' opinions as well.

'This should do it. I hope these truly are good for the event...' the silent staff member thought, looking at the array of treats she had set up on the counter. She then looked at the time shown on her phone, noticing that there was still time until the snacks and refreshments team arrive, minus Tsugumi, who already arrived for practice. 'I guess I set these up a bit too early... I should prepare something for the others. Maybe some fresh fruit juice.'

"Shizuka!" came a familiar voice. The muted staff members turned to the source and saw Kohaku approaching with the Wada sisters, much to her surprise, as she only greeted them with a wave.

"Good afternoon," Miu greeted back, before looking at the cafe area. "Did we come at a bad time? You seem to be busy. Guren-san does not seem to be here, either."

"Well, there is that event coming up. The Girls Band Party, I believe?" Hitomi pointed out to her sister. "I'm sure they're busy getting that event all planned out."

Shizuka only nodded in confirmation at those words, in which only Kohaku and Miu noticed.

"Looks about right," the deaf vocalist verbally confirmed. "Then, is this a bad time to talk about the song we decided to do? I more or less have the lyrics done and need everyone's opinion on it. What about you with the rearrangements?"

The mute replied to the question by giving her the 'ok' sign, signaling that she got the work all done.

"'Okay'? Wait, you mean you actually finished them? For your part, Miu, and Hitomi's?" Kohaku asked, in which Shiuzka nodded to in response, and held her phone out to the trio. "You're giving me your phone? Oh, that's right. Hitomi can't really read the lyrics, so she'll have to go at it based on sound. Is that okay with you?"

Hitomi knew that question was directed to her and answered, "It's okay. The drums have different beat and sound. I'll see what I can do by the ear."

"So then, does this means we can get some practice in on that song?" Miu asked.

"Yeah, I guess so. Or at least, you two can," Kohaku said. "I have lyrics and steps to work on, Guren is the one who composed the song, and rearrangements were done by Shizuka. Unless, of course, if you also want to get practice done?"

The vocalist looked to their guitarist when she asked that, who upon noticing the gaze only shook her head in response, and gestured to the cafe and the sweets.

"Oh? Are these for us? Didn't you make a little too much for a band?" Kohaku asked, misunderstanding the girl.

"Now that she mentions it, I thought I smelled something sweet. Did you make us some snacks? Are you allowed to do that? I thought the ingredients were for the cafe."