Not so great

Whilst Rafa and Trace brabbled about rigid nonsense, Ahsoka and Caleb marched towards an empty room where they could summon some alone time.

"So Caleb, how've you been while I'm gone?" She smiled.

"I've...not been really good if I'm being honest." He started, "I really missed having you around when you taught me about lightsabers and the force. The missions, the fun, and of course, so much more."

"Oh. I'm sorry about that Caleb. I've missed you too."

After a long pause, he started, "Why?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why did you have to go?"

"I. I left because I felt defeated and betrayed. The Jedi didn't trust me. One second they put their full faith in me and the other they just push me away."

"But...you never came to say goodbye. I didn't even know you left until two days later when Master Skywalker constantly snapped at me."

"He...He did?"

"Yeah. I was so scared Ahsoka. It was like he was about to turn to the dark side when you left. I tried to stop him by calming him down but every time..." He paused, "Every time he just ends up yelling at me, maybe because I'm a Padawan. I mean I've managed to calm him down now but, what if one day it won't be enough."

"Caleb I'm..."

"You know what's worse? What's worse is that every time Master Billaba fails at just about anything she'd get mad at me as well. Then Master Unduli and Master Skywalker started arguing. Master Yoda and Master Windu hoisted much longer meetings and Master Billaba even forgets to train me sometimes. And when she does, she only teaches me the slightest of things such as how to hold my lightsaber, and when I get anything wrong she snaps at me like never before. Now I just..." He cried.

"And most painful of all, you weren't there when I needed you." He sobbed, slowly beginning, "After that day when Barriss was killed I...I...I went to look for you because...because...because I needed a shoulder to lie on. Barriss was like a sister to me, and I loved her. Given the chance I'd give my life for her, even after she betrayed the Jedi. I'd go find her whenever I was sad and broken but...when she wasn't there, I...I thought you could help me." 

"I needed you!" He whimpered, "And you weren't there. You weren't there on the worst day of my life. You weren't there."

"Oh Caleb. Caleb I'm so sorry." She cooed, pulling him in for an embracive hug. Without her, he'd already be crying, but now that she was so expressive about it, it was absolutely impossible to keep the tears in especially after he melted into the hug.

 Without her, he'd already be crying, but now that she was so expressive about it, it was absolutely impossible to keep the tears in especially after he melted into the hug

He rested his tiny head on her firm shoulders, clinging onto her just as he had when the Jedi rescued him from the huts. When he had the full support of Barriss. Only this time, he's had to move a mountain just to find a shoulder.

Sob after sob, he hated to look so vulnerable in front of one of the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy, yet there was just something so comforting about her that he loved. She had a pleasant personality as well as a warm well for serene. She was unlike any other Jedi he had ever known.

"Shhhhhhhh Caleb. Shhhhhh it's okay. I'm here now. You can just let it all out honey."

She steered Caleb onto her lap, embracing his short stature with lusts of love. Her left hand was draped around his back while her right conveniently slipped behind his head.

Ahsoka gave him periodic strokes to his cheeks, occasionally rubbing away the tears with her thumb.

"I just feel like everything is my fault now. Everyone blames me Ahsoka. Even as my life was already broken." He shuttered.

"Shhhhhh. Don't be so hard on yourself. You did all you could to help, and that deserves respect. You're just a Padawan Caleb, you shouldn't have gotten so much of the blame." She cooed.

"But it's..."

"No Caleb. It's not your fault. Without you, Anakin would be in an even worse condition. You saved him Caleb. It was all you." She whispered.

Patting his back with one hand, she held the side of his cheek with another, guiding him so that she could look into his soft fabric eyes, glistening with hope. She proceeded to wipe away his tears with her fabric thumb, lightly ruffling his hair in the process.

Ahsoka provided him a much needed smile, warming his heart for several seconds, until the child once again dropped his head back onto her shoulders. To which Ahsoka responded by wrapping her palm behind his head and stroked his hair in the gentlest way possible.

She didn't blame him. Pressure was something that she herself as a 17-year-old had trouble with even up to this day. But he was different. He was still a youngling with little experience, not to mention he was only 14 years of age, barely able to hold his own in an argument.

"I'm here now Caleb. I'm here now. It's okay. Shhhh. It's okay." She cooed slowly, repeating the phrases.

Edit: Yep, I've edited. I can see myself making a prequel for this story one day. But not now. Probably maybe at least months from now cause I need to finish at least 2 other books first.