Shattered

"You actually captured him, I'm impressed."

"That is what the council wanted."

"Still, you succeeded where many have failed."

"I learn from the best, including you."

"I wish I was good at something other than war."

"Your people need a new kind of leader."

"My sister tried that, I never understood her idealism."

"Commander, I have the council waiting."

"And Master Skywalker, were you able to contact him?"

"He was at the meeting when I left to get you."

"Go on, I can handle this."

"And Rex, where's Caleb?"

"He insisted that we take him back to the republic cruiser."

"I hope he's all right."

Soon after the paramount conversation with the council, Ahsoka strolled off towards the republic cruiser with Captain Rex.

"Impressive, I suspect even Maul couldn't get out of there."

"A relic of a bygone era, when Mandalorians had a reason to imprison you force wielding maniacs."

"I thought your sister outlawed such devices."

"She did, this is the last one."

They shook hands, sincerely saying their goodbyes.

"Goodbye, Ahsoka Tano."

Their shuttle boarded the cruiser, with Ahsoka Tano instantly darting off in hopes of finding his friend Caleb. Only to visualize the thoughts of him not actually being on the ship.

"Trooper, where is Commander Dume?"

"He's in a cell."

"What? Why?"

"Apologies sir, but he demanded to be locked up and left alone. Here's his lightsaber."

"Where's the cell?"

Ahsoka hurriedly dashed towards the cage, where lurking behind the shadows, was indeed the asserted presence of Caleb Dume.

"Caleb, what are you doing here?" She asked, unlocking the cubicle.

"Please Ahsoka, I just wanna be left alone."

"Caleb, none of it was your fault." She consoled, gripping his hand.

He sighed, "Well if that were true, then there wouldn't have been any death caused by my lightsaber."

"Caleb..."

"Sorry to interrupt Commander, you are needed at the command centre."

"Coming Captain."

Ahsoka was led to the hangar bay, when suddenly she heard the apprehensive voices crying out in her head.

"You must choose."

"Don't hesitate Anakin."

"It's not the Jedi way, he must live."

"He's too dangerous to be left alive."

"Please don't."

"I need him."

"Unlimited power."

"What have I done?"

"Anakin." She murmured.

"Rex, it's Anakin, I feel like something terrible has happened."

Which was when several clone troopers raised their blasters at Ahsoka. Where Rex also dropped his helmet, turning around slowly from the holo table.

"NO! I'll do it."

"Rex, what's happening?"

"Stay back! Find him. Find him. Fives. Find him. Fives!"

The instant Rex began shooting, Ahsoka dodged the shots. Redeeming her offensive by running straight towards him and smashing Rex right onto the holo table. Before killing the two troopers and shutting the doors behind her.

Simultaneously stirring her sabers, she flanked the bullets and instead, re-engineered them to eradicate the ceiling above.

Finally, having recycled enough fire power, she shot up and slit a hole through the wall, spinning straight through the canopy and into the vents.

Ahsoka then discreetly yet deliberately crawled her way towards the crime box. Spiking a hole below and dropping down where she sighted Caleb through the membrane of his tiny cell.

Afterwards, she unlocked the doors for both Maul and Caleb before contending to pull Caleb towards her with the force, embracing him in a short yet somewhat compassionate hug.

"Ahsoka what happened? I heard blaster fire." He asked concerned.

"The clones turned against me, I don't know why." She spoke speedily.

Soon, she freed Maul from his restraining chambers only to talk him into committing more crime. Thus, saving his inadequate life just in time.

"You...you survived."

"Is this your doing? Choose your words carefully." She snarled.

"No no, this was not my doing. But surely, you have felt it. The voices crying out. The death."

"The clones turned against me. I don't know why, they just suddenly, weren't themselves."

"I wasn't privy to my Master's plan. But now...now I see it. He turned the Jedi's own army against them."

"Well. You've done the right thing by coming to me. Only together can we survive this. Now if you will follow my lead."

"You don't understand. I'm not here to team up with you. I need a diversion, and you're it. Now go cause some chaos, it's what you're good it."

"Uhhh. Can't give me a fighting chance?"

"I'm not rooting for you, now get going." She growled, turning to Caleb as he left.

"Listen Caleb. It's about to get really dangerous. So, I'll need you to be careful and discreet. Follow me and make sure you stay out of sight."

"But I don't even understand what's going on."

"I don't either. I don't know why the clones are doing this."

"Are...are we..."

"We'll be fine Caleb. But first, we need to find some answers."

"But there's so many clones and..."

"Stay strong, Caleb. And don't worry, we're making it out of here alive. I promise." She cooed, cupping his cheeks.

"Okay." He shuttered.

"We're going to need help and droids will be our best bet."

"Here." She handed him his lightsaber.

Ahsoka quickly slipped Caleb's hand into hers and as expected, proceeded to tolerate their defences by inducting help from some droids.

So this book is actually almost all the way done. The finale is coming up and as explained, I'll have a somewhat more romantic ending featuring Caloka. 

Because I gotta work on some of the other books, I'm putting an end to this story at the same time 'Star Wars the Clone Wars' ended, aka, when the clones get graved.

There'll be a bit of epic scenes but not slow and stalled ones cause that wouldn't be very much like an action packed chapter. 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed and have a good one.