Chapter 14

"Are we going to stay with daddy?" Liam asked getting down from the car.

"Yes honey but I'm going to leave you with him." I say grabbing his bag pack and closing the door behind him.

"Why don't you want spend time with dad?" he asked once we we got to the elevator door.

"Oh I want to honey but I have to meet up with someone remember?" I see a keypad and I press the enter button since I had no clue what the password might be.

"Yeah I remember." He nodded. "But I still wish you could stay."

"Who's there?" I heard a voice but I wasn't Ethan's.

"Uh, Dorothy Harper." I say into the speaker. "I'm here for Ethan King."

"Dora!" He said sounding excited. "Come in." The elevator opened and me and Liam stepped in.

"So cool." I heard him say.

"You think?" I smile down at him. My apartment is trash compared to this place, and we haven't even seen inside.

The elevator finally come to a stop and it opened to reveal a beautifully furnished apartment. It was so homely but the expensive at the same time. The huge windows gave a wonderful view of the city below. Just like the one in Ethan's office.

"You must be the infamous Dorothy." A man walked up to me. He looked like he was in his mid twenties and he was quite handsome, not as handsome as Ethan but he was the definition of an eye candy. I didn't miss his slight Italian accent. "I'm Luca. I've heard so much about you."

"All good things I hope." I smile shaking his hand. God that is so cliché.

"It depends on what your definition of good is." He smiles and looks down at Liam "And you must be Liam."

"Yes sir." Liam hid behind me but I pull back in front of me.

"You can call me Luca." I crouch down to his level. "Maybe later you and I can build a Lego city."

"Really?" Liam eyes widened in excitement.

"Of course." He said. "But only if your mom is okay with that."

"You can play with him if you want." I say to him when he looks up at me.

"You're probably wondering who I am." Luca said getting up.

"Yeah." I smiled. "For a second I thought we were at the wrong apartment."

"I'm Ethan's personal assistant." He introduced. "I don't work in his company though, I'm literally his personal assistant. And let me tell you it's no fun hanging out with him."

I chuckle at his remark. "Well, I'm Dorothy Harper and I'm a dentist. Not that you don't know."

"I'm Ethan King and I'm joining this conversation." Ethan walked into where we are.

"Daddy!" Liam ran to hug him. "Your house is so cool. I wish I live here."

"Me too buddy." Ethan picked him up.

"Nice seeing you Dora." Luca said excusing himself.

"Same." I smiled back at him. He walked down the hallway leading to some unknown place. "Thank you so much for being available."

"It's not a problem I've always got time for my family." He said dropping Liam down.

"I know. It's just that Charlie had to go to Connecticut and Mia had to go for her doctor appointment." I sigh. "I would have dropped him off with your parents but I haven't talked to them since..."