Chapter 28

Dorothy's POV

My eyes open the moment I hear Liam's cough. He's walking up finally. I thought he would never open his little eyes again. 

"Mommy?" He calls out sounding so broken.

"Baby, I'm right here," I say gently trying my best not to cry. "Everything is going to be okay."

"I can't move my hands, mommy." I see him struggling to move his hands from the rope. "It's too tight."

"Liam, calm down." I try to calm him down from this panic mode. "I need you to free hands from the rope."

He looks up at me with tears in his eyes. "I can't do it."

"Yes, you can Liam," I  say looking him in the eye. "Your hands are small enough to pass through it."

He nods and tries to get his hand to pass through the rope. I could see he was annoyed as he struggled. I've never asked him to do anything that he is not capable of doing. Sometimes you just have to give him a little push to get him to do what you want him to do. I know he can do this. The rope isn't too tight.

After a few minutes of this, he manages to get one hand free from the rope. It was red and a bit swollen but free. He pulled out his second arm and smiled at his achievement. 

"You did it." I cheered beaming at him. "I knew you could do it."

"I did it!" He laughed looking at his hands running to hug me.

"Liam we need to talk quietly," I whisper to him. "The mean people might hear us."

"Sorry." He giggled quietly zipping his lips.

"Remember when daddy taught you how to untie a knot?" I asked him as he climb down from my lap.

I'm so grateful for that lesson. I thought it was pointless to teach four years old how to untie a knotted rope but Ethan insisted that he learned how. If I knew he was involved in this world I would have learnt how to do it too and maybe learn little self-defense.

"Yes?" He said tilting his head quizzically trying to figure out where I'm heading to.

"I need you to help me untie this knot. Can you do that for me?"

"I can try." He walked behind the chair where my hands were held by a rope.

I felt his little finger brush my hand as he attempted to free my hands. I remember the determined look on his face when Ethan he tried to get Luca free from the rope his father knotted. I remember him throwing a tantrum because he couldn't do it. I remember Ethan whispering something into his ear making him smile. I remember him freeing Luca.

I felt the ropes loosen as he tugged on it forcefully.  I don't know what he did or how he did it but he did it. He peeled the ropes off my skin with ease after that.

I'm not surprised if he was able to pick a lock at this age.

"I did it, mommy." He smiled jumping back on me. "I did it!"

I wince once his body landed on mine. On a normal day, I wouldn't feel much pain but since I'm carrying a life inside me and I haven't eaten in hours, I guess I'm not as strong.

"Are you okay mommy?" He furrowed eyebrows in worry.

"I'm fine." I smile gently holding him close to me. I knew he wasn't buying any of it but he didn't ask any more questions. "Let's get out of here, yeah?

He grinned and jumped off me, trying to help me stand up too. I held his hand and we both walked to the door. I knew Igor locked it when he went out;  I heard it. I pull on the handle in case I was wrong but it didn't budge.