Chapter 6

Dorothy's POV 

"Come on Liam!" I shout from the kitchen. 

Today is Sunday which means we have lunch with the Kings. Having lunch with them is like a tradition that they had even before I met Ethan. I'm not quite sure why they do it but Mia said it was something about bonding with one another.

 I quickly decorate Liam's pancakes with blueberries. I wonder what's taking him so much time to come out of his room. We need to leave early. Wendy said she has something very important and by the sound of her voice, I could tell she was being serious.

"Liam, I need you here now!" I shout once more but I still don't get an answer from him. I drop the cleaning cloth on the counter and head to his room. 

I don't know when this-whatever it's called-started but I'm not liking it at all. I see him sulking on the floor with a drawing in his hand.

"Hey, buddy," I say as I sit beside him trying to see the drawing. "What's the problem?"

"What is the meaning of a bastard child?" He asked looking up from the drawing.

"Where did you hear that from?" I tensed hearing the word come out from his mouth but he doesn't answer. "Liam, who called you that?"

"I heard Tasha's mother say something to Miss Gwen and I heard the word." He started to explain himself. "Then I asked Tasha what it meant but she didn't know and then she told that her mother always told her to be nice to me because I have no father."

I was almost on the verge of exploding. How dare that woman talk about my son like that and then tell her daughter to pity my son. I seriously hate that bitch. This isn't the first time she's doing something like this. 

Before she was so adamant to cancel father and I day so she could confirm her suspicions on Liam not having a father in his life. She even dared to come up to me and tell me how I need to get a man in Liam's life.

"The truth is not everyone has a father Liam." I hold him close to me and stroke his hair lightly. "But that doesn't mean you are different from everyone else. And it doesn't matter if you don't have any because people are still going to love and even if it feels like no one does just remember that I'll always love you."

"I'll always love you too." He whispered back at me.

"And one more thing Liam," I say placing a kiss on his forehead. "Try to stay away from Tasha, I don't want you getting the idea that people only like you because you are fatherless."

"I don't like her." He confessed scrunching his nose.

"Really, why not?"

"She makes fun of my drawings sometimes and she is selfish too."

"I'll tell you something," I let out a soft chuckle tickling him a bit which made him burst into a fit of laughter. "I don't like Tasha's mother either."

"Really?" He asked raising a brow.

I nod at him. "She doesn't know how to mind her business."

"That can be annoying." He concluded pulling away from my grasp. "I'm hungry."

"You know I made you pancakes this morning," I say picking up his drawing from the floor. 

"Shaped dinosaurs and blueberries?" He exclaims eagerness in his voice.

"Yup," I say popping the p. 

I didn't have to say anything after that because he took off to the kitchen already. Probably forgetting the conversation we just had.