Chapter 7

Dorothy's POV

 This seriously can't be happening, I can't see him two times in a week. He shouldn't be here after all; he left.  

I look at the man standing in front of me, he was wearing a fitted suit which looked like it was just sown by a tailor. His face was filled with no emotions yet his eyes told many stories. I see his lips rise into a smirk and only then do I realize I've been staring.

"I heard a crash is everything okay?" Mia asked rushing into the room. "Oh, you."

I immediately snap out from whatever trance I was in. I look down at the mess I made: the broken bowl along with the coleslaw that Mia took her time to make on the floor.

" Oh Mia, I'm so sorry," I say bending down to pick up the glass pieces. 

"Baby doll," Ethan says walking closer to me making me wince at the pet name. He bent down to stop me from touching the glass pieces.

"Get your hands off me." I snap at him pulling my hand back automatically.

"You're insane if you think I'm going to let you pick this up." He says grabbing my hand holding it in a firm grip. I felt a jolt of electricity rush through my body and I instantly jerk my hand from his grasp. 

"But you could abandon me when I needed you the most." I spat at him rubbing my fingers. 

I don't know what it was but I saw something flash through his eyes. But he quickly masked it. I stand up and see Mia looking at me with sympathy.

"I'll go get a broom to sweep this up," I say to her getting up from the floor.

"Um don't worry, I'll get one of the maids to do it." She quickly says walking towards the door before I could even protest.

"Okay," I whispered at her desperately wanting to shout at her for leaving me with Ethan.

"Mia," Ethan calls out which makes her turn back.

"Save it!." She spat at him.

"I deserve that." I heard him mutter as Mia walked out of the room. 

"What are you even doing here?" I asked.

"This is my house in case you forgot." He smirked taking a step closer to me.

That damn smirk.

"Yeah right smartass, what are you doing here in New York?" I asked with more clarity

"I-"

 "You know what I don't even want to know, I don't care what you do with your life anymore."

"Don't be like that baby doll." He says attempting to take another step closer but I just move back.

"Don't ever call me that it's Dorothea to you, mister." I snapped and walked out of the room. Mainly because I couldn't resist the urge to jump on him.

 Why can't I just move on from him? That man drives me insane and I don't even know why? He left me he doesn't even want him. I thought the feelings would have died away along with the pain but when I saw him that day at the clinic I knew I still wanted him. But it hurts so much, seeing him with that little girl. It hurt like a bitch.

"I should have told you he was coming but I didn't want you to miss this lunch," Grace said apologetically.

"You knew he was going to come?" I asked shocked a bit offended she didn't give me heads up.

"I invited him over." She looked up with sadness in her eyes. "I haven't seen my son for four years. I had to see him."

She was right. No matter how bad he hurt me, he was still her son and she was his mother. I can't imagine not seeing Liam for four years.