Chapter 30

Dorothy's POV

"Tell me everything." I sit opposite him stirring the tea in my cup.

"What do you want to know?" He asked looking away from his laptop running his hand through his hair.

"Everything!" I snapped getting tired of him trying to avoid this topic.

Every single time I try to bring it up he would normally say he's hungry or ask me if I'm hungry sometimes he claims he has to go sort out a few things. I've been waiting patiently and I'm sick and tired of this.

"Here." He slid a picture across to me.

 I gently pick it up looking at the people in it. It was a picture of  Igor with a beautiful woman beside him and Ethan a man standing beside them. You could tell they were very happy by the look on their faces.

"You guys knew each other,"  I whispered placing the picture down taking a sip from my tea. 

"We met at a party and became good friends," Ethan explained leaning in to take the picture back. "We decided to do each other favors and that made our friendship stronger. A few months later he introduced me to a lady. I could tell he was in love with her, she was everything to him. But in the midst of this, something wasn't just right and I knew it and I didn't do anything about it.

Francesco, the man that stood beside me, was my second in command. We grew up together, so we were as close as brothers if not closer. I told him I had a bad feeling about Annika but he just said I was paranoid over nothing. Igor and Annika got married not long after he introduced me to her, I was his best man. That  picture was taken a few days after the wedding."

"If you guys were friends then how did you come to hate each other?" I asked not leaning deeper into my chair.

"I'm not done baby doll." The smile gently picking the picture up again. "I still had a feeling something was wrong so I decide to investigate it myself. I dug up dirt from Annika's past and found out lots of things. Firstly, she wasn't in love with Igor but rather was using him to get information from him and when she met me she used our friendship to get a little information from me.

But the thing was, I knew Igor wouldn't tell anyone anything because he swore an oath and the penalty was death. So she wasn't getting information about my mafia from Igor which made me more frustrated."

"Why didn't you say anything to Igor," I asked feeling so bad for him. "He would have understood everything right?"

"I couldn't just tell him his wife was a traitor without any proof." He sighed rubbing his temples. "I needed to show him and not just tell him. He was too deeply in love to realize he was being played."

"So did you find out who was supplying information to Annika?" This was more serious than I thought.

"I found out a few weeks later, by then I had already met you and had a liking to you." I smile at the memories we had together. "I tried to keep you out from anything related to the mafia, the company was a good distraction."

"What do you mean the company was a good distraction?" I raised a brow at him.  To be honest his company is one of the most successful businesses that ever existed. 

"My dad started the company a few months after he took over the mafia, people became suspicious of how he got his money so he started the company to cover up the fact that he was in a mafia. The restaurant too is where we make the most deals. There's a basement at the bottom where we also store a few um-materials." He revealed smirking at my facial expression. "Smart right?"

"Yeah, that is very clever," I whisper still trying to take everything in. "But that doesn't explain the fact that Igor hates you."

"Back to that." He sits up straight taking a sip from my tea. "I told Igor about you showed him a few pictures of you too. He was so excited to meet you personally and I promised to bring you to him. That night I couldn't sleep, so I went to the balcony. I saw Francesco and Annika in the garden talking. At first, it didn't seem like anything was wrong but once they kissed I got enraged. I wanted to kill her for what she was doing to Igor but I decided to confront Francesco about it in the morning.