Chapter 3

I stared at the man in front of me. 

He hadn't changed a bit; unlike me, his hair was still the same length, he still had a great physique, he was still very handsome. 

I could smell his cologne from I was standing and let me tell you, it still sent shivers down my spine.

I Emma giggling and instantly I'm brought out of my gaze. I look at the source and saw the sad truth; he had moved on. He had moved on and found happiness from someone else even when he promised he couldn't be happy with someone else.

Well, promises are meant to be broken. 

But that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt me at all, it hurts so bad. I thought the pain went away when Liam was born but it never left. I want to do a hundred things right now crying being one of them, but I wasn't going to show him any weakness. I wasn't the same naïve woman he met four years ago. I had changed for the better. I'm stronger and harder to break.

"Mr. King." I cleared my throat breaking the tension.

"Baby doll." He whispered making me wince at the endearment. I glanced over at Carrie who raised a brow at me.

 "It's best if we stay professional don't you think?" I gritted out trying my best to keep my job.

"Yeah, right sorry." He agreed clearing his throat before shoving his hands into his pocket. "So what's the problem with her."

"There isn't any problem." I start to explain looking down at Emma who was playing with the doll I gave her. "She just has a loose tooth and-"

"Can we talk?" He stop me from talking looking a bit annoyed by the look on his face.

"Mr. King, we are talking." I pointed out smirking. "Can I continue doing my job?"

"You know what I mean." He sighs running his hand through his hair.

Damn, that was sexy.

"I'm so sorry Mr. King, I don't know what you mean." I shrugged walking back to my table and I notice Carrie giving me faces.

He looked down at Emma before he spoke again "It's concerning Emma."

"Then I continue what I'm saying," I start turning back to face him again trying to control the smile that was threatening to form. "she has a loose tooth nothing serious-"

"Privately." He added gritting his teeth interrupting me once more.

"Mr. King I don't see why this conversation should be private." I glance a Carrie who looks like she watching an episode of Grey's anatomy.

"There are some things that Emma simply can't know about." He said giving me a devilish smirk. "Somethings are strictly confidential." He looked over at Carrie who instantly turn reds. I don't blame her he has that effect on the opposite gender.

I hate it when he has his ways with things.

"Of course," I say clenching and unclenching my fist. "Carrie would you kindly escort Emma out of the room."

"Yes." She nods walking over to Emma. "Why don't we go get some snacks."

"Really?" She jumped up in excitement. "I'm hungry, so hungry I can eat a whale."

I let out a little laugh. "Just make sure you don't eat anything too hard."

Carrie takes Emma's hand and walks toward the door tuning back at me. "Don't go please." I mouth to her once Ethan took his eyes off me

"Are you kidding? He's Ethan fucking King! You have a lot to explain to me or I'll tell Wendy" She mouthed back before finally leaving the room.

"Baby doll-" He started once the door closes but I stop him