15

"Hello?" I mentally cross my fingers, waiting for a response.

"Y/n? Why are you calling me?" The distorted voice speaks to my through my shitty phone speaker.

"I'm struggling and I need to talk to someone I trust." I say honestly, but somehow the guilt still creeps into my heart.

"Why not Gerard?" He snaps.

"Why do you think?" I spit back with the same amount of force he had.

There was silence over the line as the shorter male considered my words. "Okay. I'll be at yours in-"

"No, actually. Sorry, I'll meet you by Mandips-"

He cuts my sentence off short this time, "Who the fuck in Mandip?"

"Are you serious? Do you not talk to your shop keepers?" I scoff a laugh at my rhetorical question, "I'll meet you by the shop."

"Okay. Hold on, I just want to make sure we're thinking of the same-"

I hang up the phone and flop back down onto the scraggly material of the sofa. I'm really fucking things up here. I need to get out of this loop, this is exactly what happened last time. It's a commitment you got yourself into, Y/n, and you're not going to turn your back on that. You don't want to turn your back on that.

~~~

"Hey, Waffles." I push myself up from my leaning position to approach Frank, "Took you long enough."

"I'm going to stop you there, Y/n don't joke about now, you called me sounding panicked. You can't just flip it around and pretend nothing happened." He continues walking forward and I follow next to him, trying not to make any eye contact- which is hard when this boy is staring right at me.

"Stop looking at me."

"Sorry." He looks away.

"My parents aren't home." I admit.

"I know. We didn't see their car when we left. Gerard was worried but convinced himself they took you out for dinner and that also explained to him why you hadn't answered any of his messages..." Fronk shrugs and my heart sinks deeper.

"It's a lot to explain."

"We have all night." He points out, looking around the dark streets surrounding us.

"I'm spiralling again."

"Again?"

"Yeah. At my last school I had great friends and I fucked it up; now I have even better friends and I'm fucking it up in a shorter time span."

"You're not fucking it up, Y/n." The poor boy tried to comfort me, placing a warm hand on my shoulder.

"I really am though. I spent the last few hours thinking about all the shit I've done, all the trouble I've caused and-"

"Don't you see that's what I- he-" He huffs and restarts, "All the shit you've done and all the trouble you've caused is why we love you so much. Do you seriously not see that?"

I pause for a second thinking everything over once more, "No." My slight confession makes Frank sigh. I try to find the correct words to explain my current issue, "I'm sorry for wasting your time-"

"Shut up."

"Fine-"

"I said shut up." he sends a look my way with a smile, "You were freaking out about what Gerard said, you're not used to big commitments like that. It's obvious, it's written all over your face."

I exhale a small laugh, "Wow, am I really that obvious?"

"Open book... speaking of.." Frank stays quiet for a second, seemingly thinking out his words carefully. "Okay, here's the thing: You don't have to commit to this. All I ask if that you humour all of us for a while - hey, you might even change your mind about it.... Gerard is.. Gerard's writing a song about you-"

"What?"

"It's important to him- and well, I've got to give it to the guy, he captures your essence perfectly. I wish I could do the shit he does, and hey if I could maybe we would've stayed together for more than a few days."

I laugh at his statement, "You mean a few hours?"

"Shut up! It was a few days!" He walks into me with his shoulder.

"Fine, whatever you say."

"I think it was a bad idea for you to talk to me today, Y/n."

I give a small chuckle and shake my head, "You think I don't know that?"

"Ouch, could've been nicer."

"Shush."

"Okay, okay. My point is, talk to him. It hurts me to say, but, I see the way you look at eachother. I just hope you wait a hot minute before swooping in with your charm, knocking him fully head over heels - give the guy a chance."

"Did I really upset you?" I frown, I didn't realize I may have actually affected the cheerful boy.

"Mm, don't get me started."

"You know why we broke up, right?"

He chuckles a little and scratches the back of his neck, "I know, I'm a fucking moron aren't I?"

We walk side by side, slowly approaching a bridge surrounded by trees hovering over a small brook. "Yeah."

"You were supposed to defend me!" He pushes me and I can't help but giggle and his childish antics.

"When have I ever done that?" We stop at the peak of the small bridge and I look to the flowing water below.

"A few times."

"I don't recall."

"Really?" He lifts his eyebrows and shakes his head with a carefree smile. "History class, Mr Xavier was being an asshole so you put on the deepest voice you could and called him a cunt." We both chucks at the memory, "Then when he tried to call you out because he knew it was you, you out on a really high pitched voice. You sounded like a mouse on crack."

"And you're a rat on crack." I nudge the boy and he smiles down at me.

"Rats are cool."

"You're not."

Frank rolls his eyes at me, a smile littering his face. It seemed only a moment later it was replaced by a melancholy expression, "You really swept me off my feet and I have no idea why."

"Then why?"

"I think I was scared." He nods his head up and down, "I was. You picked me up like I was a princess and sat me on your horse. I held onto you as we galloped around wherever we wanted. Somewhere along the way I lost my grip on you and panicked. I feel like even though I knew I wasn't going to fall, I still got anxious that you hadn't noticed." Frank pauses for a second and looks straight into my eyes, a smile finding its way back, "I'm making so sense, am I?"

"The only think I picked up is you as a princess. You in a ball gown is the only thing going through my head right now." I say seriously but it causes him to chuckle.

"I miss spending this time with you."

"You're silly."

"I'm serious."

I stare into the boys eyes. It was just us. Maybe some birds and bugs and stuff too. The sound of the rushing stream slightly irritated me but also provided a sense of comfort.

Frank takes a slight step closer to me keeping the link between our eyes, "You're scaring me."

I exhale in amusement, "And you think you're not scaring me?"

Frank chapter??? What the fuck am I writing what is this shit???