13

"Can I have a sip of yours?" He asks, already snatching my drink out of my hand and taking a sip.

"Be my guest" Sarcasm. A little too late for my permission.

"That sucks, how do you drink that stuff" he asks handing it back to me.

"Are you kidding me??? You have the Yellow ultra that shit nasty" I retort. "The (fav monster or drink idk) is peak life. You're just a liar and a looser."

"Meanie" he bumps into me as we walk back through the dark trees, back to our little spot.

"Says you" I take a sip of my drink. "For the rest of the evening can we just listen to music. I think, maybe today isn't the day to be doing crazy stuff-"

I go to look at Gerard next to me but I find he isn't there. Fuck.

"Gerard?" I call out to him to see if he's near. Something a basic moron in a horror movie would do before getting rightfully killed. "finally some alone time" I say trying to get him to come out of his hiding place and tell me off.

He stays hidden anyway.

My neck kicks back as I take a swig of my drink, looking around for any sight of the weirdo. I blink a few times as I do so.

Thunk.

As quick as lightning, I turn to look where the noise came from, starting to walk in that direction. "Gerard, stop messing about." My pase quickens as I get closer to a large tree, I place my hands on it - the texture rough and prickly - and slowly peer around the side....

Nothing.

My shoulders relax, I didn't even know they were tense.

"Y/N"

"AHHHH"

Laughter emits from behind me.

I turn on my heels to see Gerard. "You're a dickhead." I start lightly punching him.

"Aha- I'm sorry- haha- I'm.. oh my god you should've seen your face." He continues to giggle a little, so I shove him and walk back to out little trail, towards our little spot.

Gerard catches up to me as I stride down the path.

"Are you mad at me?" he asks in a childlike voice.

"Obviously yes, I hate you more than life right now. I will sacrifice you to the gods." I say sarcastically, bumping into him with my shoulder.

"Oh my god no" He pretends to cry, "I- Which gods?"

"All of them, I'll chop you up into little pieces and give one little piece to each god... and there's a lot of god's. Doubt the cops will even recognize it as you." I can see our little hang out place in the distance.

"What about my teeth?... You know like.. dental records." He takes another sip of his BLEH yellow monster.

"You're right-" he cuts me off.

"Believe it or not"

I let out a little exhale of amusement before continuing my theory, "The chunks of human meet can be linked back to me if they have your teeth. Sooooo..... I'll just keep them, on a necklace. Then if anyone asks I can tell them I got them off the internet."

"OH OR THAT YOU'RE THE TOOTH FAIRY." Gee yells a little too loudly.

"SHHHHHH" I shush him and speak in a hushed tone, pulling his arm and leaning down, as if I was going to tell him a secret... "How did you know?" I ask demandingly.

"What?" He sounds confused.

"How the fuck did you know?" I whispered a little more aggressively.

"Know what? Y/n, what's happening?" Poor boy looks a little panicked.

I pause for a second and hold eye contact with him. "That I'm the tooth fairy." As soon as those words leave my lips I push him backwards slightly and bolt further into the woods in the direction of our hang out spot.

I get there and turn to him, watching him walk towards me with a smile on his face. "You're weird" He exclaims accusingly when he gets a little closer.

"I know right, I don't know why you hang out with me." I chuckle and lie on the floor, looking at the sky.

"Shut up, I love hanging out with you." Gerard sits down next to me.

"Lies, it's all a scheme to inherit my millions of dollars when I die!" I punch his back.

"You have millions of dollars?" he shifts and lies down next to me.

"God I wish." we both stare at the sky.

"I wish too. Damn, then I'd make you buy me a drink. You'd be my sugar daddy."

"Anything for you baby girl." I retort chuckling to myself a little. "What would you do with a million dollars?"

He stays silent for a second, "I don't know" he takes his time to think, "I'd buy a really big house for all of us to share. So we can spray paint the kitchen- OH or have a huge TV to play videogames."

"and we could all have a huge room with a king sized bed each!" I join in.

"Nah, not you. You're going to sleep in the shoe cupboard. Ray, Mikey, Frankie and I will have lavish rooms with comfy beds."

"Stop bullying me." I turn to my side so I'm facing him.

Gee turns his head to look at me. "Fine. We'll get bunk beds."

I turn back and look at the sky, "Yes fucking score." I smile to the sky and we don't say anything to eachother for a while. I just focus on the birds singing above me. "Ya know, I feel like I should never have come to New Jersey."

"What? Why? Then you would've never met me."

"I feel like I've involved myself in everyone's business and made things uncomfortable for people."

"You're silly. Don't be silly." He looks over at me and smiles, I return the gesture. "I think I'm a bad friend."

"Are you serious?" I lift my eyebrows.

"Yeah" he looks back up at the sky, "I just feel like everyone could do a little bit better."

"You know two minutes ago when I asked what you'd do with a million dollars?" I keep looking at him.

"Yeah?"

"You said you'd spend it on your friends. Like, sorry love, but that sounds like a selfless and sweet and kind and generous thing to even say." I look up and him and lightly grab his arm. "You're silly. Don't be silly."

He looks over at me with a smile on his face, but it quickly fades and he goes back to staring at the sky. "I like Rays ex-girlfriend." He blurts out suddenly.

My heart can't help but ache a little. I mean- I don't know why it's not like we're dating and- what am I saying he's my best friend. Its because I want him to be happy.

"Does Ray know?" I'm still going to be supportive.

"I think... he might have caught on."

"Maybe you should talk to him about it?"

He scratches his cheek, "No, I can't really. I don't think she likes me back and well, I don't want to lose either of those friendships."

"I get it. And you know it's okay. We all have stupid crushes on people we shouldn't. I- not saying that it's stupid."

"No no no, don't worry. I know what you mean. Do you have a stupid crush?"

"I don't think so." I look to Gerard, who's looking at me, his face practically glowing in the light, his eyes shining, his hair all messy and resting gently atop his head. "Wait, actually maybe." I sharply look away.

"Who?" His soft voice practically echos around my head.

"What are we? 5? Stop gossiping!" I nudge his arm with my elbow and sit up, looking at the trees around us.

Hey, I hate to be that person, but please vote or comment, it spams my inbox and I'm more likely to update sooner! Thank you for reading, you gays (AUTO CORRECT BUT THATS HILARIOUS) you guys mean a lot.