chapter 25

CHAPTER 24 TW:

Sexual Abuse/Molestation
Pedophilia/Rape
Non-consensual

Pansy's uncle used to sexually abuse her between 4 and 9 years old

*******************************************

"Hi."

Draco looked up, nodding at me in greeting as I sat down.

After my discussion with Pansy, I'd been curious to meet with him again, interested to see how the realisation of their faux relationship would change my opinion of the boy.

More than anything, I felt relieved.

I'd finally figured out another mystery, collected another piece of the puzzle that was the elder Malfoy.

The fact had humanised him in some way, made his cool outer exterior seem more bearable, an understanding of what kind of person might lay underneath.

But I hadn't paid much attention to Pansy insisting that the boy had feelings for me, it seemed doubtful considering everything we'd exchanged since September.

And yet, our kiss made me reassess the facts.

It was the one inkling I possessed that in a single moment he had, against all probability, wanted me, perhaps even yearned for me.

"We can move onto brewing intentions and emotions today. It's easy to understand," Draco said, interrupting my thoughts as he shut his book.

"Okay, I'm all ears," I agreed, laying my items across the desk.

"So, when concocting more complicated potions, you have to ensure that your feelings don't affect them. Our wands are sensitive to everything we hold inside of us, like a funnel, so to speak."

"Wand imbutto, our magic channel," I muttered, recalling Ollivander's lesson.

He blinked at me in surprise, "yes, exactly. Too much of anything and it'll ruin the elixir. But we can learn to fine tune and control our impulses, protecting the potions. "

He waved his wand, pulling up a strange wheel in the air, the lines of it glimmering in a snowy white.

Each apex held a tiny label, different emotions written in cursive: joy, sadness, anger, serenity.

"This is a Motus Wheel," he explained, "it will allow me to inflict a feeling upon you, but try your best to resist."

"How exactly do you suggest I do that?"

"By putting up a wall, control through separation, your intentions and emotions can stand alone if you focus enough."

I nodded, preparing myself.

He offered me his hand, outstretching the white palm in invitation.

I stared down at it, "what is that for?"

"The wheel needs physical touch to work."

I paused, eyeing him hesitantly for a moment before placing my left into his right.