EPILOGUE I

TEN YEARS LATER

I pulled open the cardboard flaps of the last box, revealing the array of bubble-wrapped frames inside.

I picked up as many as my arms could hold, carrying them over to the shelf as I began to unwrap the packaging, placing each one carefully upon the dark wood.

Once I'd finished emptying the box, I stepped back, admiring the display of memories across the wall.

My mouth lifted into a grin as I scanned over some of them, fond recollections coming to mind; our wedding day, the two of us and Teddy standing next to the Hogwarts Express 4 years ago, my first day working at the Ministry, Violetta and I at her engagement party.

Time seemed to have flown by in peaceful bliss, the years escaping us in the blink of an eye, a whirlwind of activity.

I turned to look at the rest of the room, satisfied that we were now completely moved into the London townhouse, an effort that had taken only two weeks with the help of the house elves.

We'd moved out of the manor 7 years ago, opting to be closer to the city for work, and further from the dark memories surrounding the ancient house.

And after years of renting, we'd decided upon our perfect forever home, a charming 4 storey property in the borough of Kensington and Chelsea.

The sharp snap of apparition pulled me from my satisfied thoughts, my gaze drifting to Draco standing no less than a metre away.

He smiled once he saw me, putting down his briefcase and striding over, his arms wrapping around my waist instinctively.

I gave him a light kiss before withdrawing, scanning the devastating beauty of his face.

"How was work?"

"Long, we had a lot of new cases in today."

"Boys or girls?"

"Both, and with Pansy off the paperwork took ages."

I nodded in understanding, thinking about the large stacks of case files he often brought home with him to finish filling in.

The pair of them had set up their own foundation 8 years ago; The Markinson Rehabilitation Centre for Abused Children.

After its success and positive impact in Britain, they'd eventually branched out to over 20 countries around the world, helping both magical and muggle children who'd been emotional, physically and sexually abused at any age.

Draco's eyes flickered past me, looking at the shelves behind that I'd finished decorating.

"You finished unpacking."

"I sure did, what do you think?"

He planted a tender kiss against my lips, "it's perfect."

I smiled into the gesture, leaning towards his body as he moved his hands to my hips, guiding us backwards until we fell down onto the couch, tangled within one another.

He began to trail hot kisses down my neck, the sensation tingling against the soft skin as his fingers drifted to my shirt buttons, swiftly undoing them to expose the bra beneath.