Prolougue

For this part Peter is called Paige- his deadname- since he is only 6 and has only began realizing that he's not a girl. Don't worry Peter will be Peter soon!

August 7th 2007

Paige sat on the couch watching her favorite tv show at that age; Spongebob Squarepants, while her Aunt and Uncle conversed quietly in the kitchen.

"Ben we can't take care of a little girl like Paige, we don't have the money to." May whispered to her husband; being careful that Paige wouldn't hear.

"Then what are we supposed to do? Her parents are gone, the girl has no one." Ben protested. The last thing he wanted to do was send six year old Paige to the foster system, he knew how messed up the system was.

May bit her lower lip, "I know a couple who've been looking for a child to adopt, I'll call them and take Paige there tomorrow morning, it is too late now and we all need some rest." May stated to her husband who was left confused as May went into the living room of the small house to bring Paige to bed.

August 8th 2007

"Auntie... where are we going?" Paige asked her aunt as she sat in her booster seat in the back of the car. May's face was wet with tears, but she answered as she kept her eyes forward on the road.

"We're going to go visit two lovely people today Paige, they look forward to meeting you" May answered, her voice wavering as she spoke.

"Auntie why are you crying?" Paige asked another question.

May wiped her face with the palm of her hand before answering, "You'll understand when you're older sweetie." Is all May could sputter out. Amd at that Paige stopped questioning, and the rest of the ride was quiet.

Once the two arrived May drove up the long driveway to get to Stark's mansion. She parked right in front of the 20 car garage, taking a deep breath before opening the driver's side door.

May stepped out of the car and went to the back to get Paige. She opened the door and picked the toddler up and carried her in her arms.. Paige was confused and lost, "Auntie where are we?" She asked her aunt.

"Don't worry sweetie, it'll be okay ." May explained to the small child she carried in her arms, she ran her fingers through Paige's hair as the two walked up to the front door. May rang the doorbell while Paige wrapped her arms around her tightly ad they waited for someone to answer the door.

Tony Stark and Steve Rogers then appeared as the door opened, "Thank you so much for taking her in." May thanked the couple as she set Paige down on the steps.

Tony smiled at May, "We're so thrilled to have her apart of the family." He bloomed and crouched down to Paige's level, fixing her jacket as he spoke softly, "Hey Paige, i'm Tony, and that's Steve." He pointed to the tall soilder behind him, "We're gonna be your dads." He smiled at the young girl, looking forward to the years ahead.

A/N: this is just a short backstory of how Peter ended up with the Starks; thus why this part is only 550smth words long.