Chapter 29

Peter- March 14th 2017

*Note- Ben died and May attempted before the fic started, just wasn't talked about until now.

I casually walk on the sidewalks of New York 4 miles away from the tower, my mind racing knowing all I had just done. I ran away from home, I jumped out a damn window, which cuts still are untended to. It's not like I can swing over to the hospital though, I'm trying not to draw attention and a boy swinging about New York without a spiderman suit, would call about every little bit of attention possible. I don't know where I'm going, I know I should go to the hospital but that would end in them calling Dad, Pops, Nat, or Wanda which I am NOT going to do. If this had happened 6 months ago I would go to bucky's but you know, it's not 6 months ago. This is such a mess, and it's completley my fault. If I had just waited to come out none of this would be happening. But no I HAD to tell them. Typical Parker Luck, you can't tell me it doesn't exist. My fucking Uncle died and my Aunt attempted suicide and hasn't seen or talked to me, or even given an effort since then. I could text her, but knowing Dad he's tracking my phone so I'd have to find another way, saying she'd even be willing to talk to me. I don't even know where she lives anymore because she moved. I only know this because I went to her apartment one time just to find out from the landlord that she moved 2 months prior.

I decide to stop wasting time and try to find somewhere to lie low. I start walking again, limping on my left leg from the cuts, oddly my right side of my body is completely fine but the left side is completely damaged. I make the choice of heading towards the abandoned building Bucky lived half a year ago. It's 3 miles away and I think I can make it even with my injuries. I just hope the his decked out first aid kit is still there- otherwise I'm really doomed. It almost surprises me how no body on the streets has asked me about my injuries, or about the blood leaking onto the sidewalk- but that's New York for you I guess.

I feel myself getting lightheaded after about thirty minutes of walking, I might pass out and I don't know if it's from the binder or from the wounds- probably both honestly. But I know that if I pass out I'd 100% end up in a hospital which is what i'm trying to avoid. I fight to stay concious and somehow it works out for me. I arrive at the building to see that everything we left there still remained. The matress, the makeshift desk he built for me to do my homework at, all of his garbage of fast food bags laying about the floor, old newpapers, everything still remains. I just hope that the thing I came here for was still here. I limp over to the bin on the floor where Bucky kept the most of his supplies. I lift off te plastic bin and rummage around for probably five minutes before I find the white box labled "FIRST AID". I smile, finally a decent outcome to something I do.

I open it as quick as I can and find some gauze, alcohol to clean the wounds, and stuff to stitch myself up with. Though I'm still lightheaded I hope I don't pass out before I finish the stitches. I begin patching myself up with the alcohol and the gauze to make sure I don't get any infections. I wince at the stinging feeling everytime the gauze contacts my skin. It has a cold feeling to it but it stings like hell and I realize just how much getting injured sucks when you have to patch yourself up. I do not miss the days of spidermanning before everyone knew.

The stitches hurt more to do than the cleaning as I literally stab through my skin a good fifty times before I'm even halfway done. Each time I grimmance at the pain. As I go in to patch my 4th wound I hear something behind me and I jump to alert. I quickly turn around and see Loki's generic green portal apearing. I give out a sigh of relief when they appear out of the portal in their enby form.

I get up too quickly to hug them and groan in pain as I hold them close in my arms. "It's good to see you." I smile looking up at them, neither of us letting go. They look down at me and smile as well, our eyes locking for a moment before I look back down and pull away. I wonder if it's just a tease or if they might actually like me the way I like them.

I walk backwards and sit back down on the bed and go to start stitching myself up again. "Here let me help." Loki says softly.

"No, it's fine Lokes, thanks though." I say and grimmance once more as I go.

"Spiderling, darling, you don't have to do this on your own, I'm not leaving you alone." They say sweetly. I feel my face get red at the "darling" I really am a mess when I'm around them.

I give in and hand them the supplies, "thank you." I whisper before they start stitching me up.

After they finish we both sit at the edge of the bed. They rest their hand on my leg in comfort. "Why did you run away, everyone is worried about you." They say worriedly.

"How did you know where I was?" I ask dismissing the question and trying to change the subject.

"That's not an answer, but I knew this is where you and Barnes met a year ago, I figured it would be where you'd end up, and I guessed right."

I look at the floor as if I'm studying it, avoiding eye contact. "You didn't tell anyone did you?"

"No dear, I didn't. You're secret here is safe with me as long as you'd like to keep it, I promise." They reply.

I find myself begining to cry, all the emotions coming and hitting me at once like a truck coming at full force. I can't stop it and I don't even try. I just fall into Loki's arms and sob, probably soakin they're "fine asgardian leather" as they'd call it.

Published: April 21st 2022
Words: 1110