Chapter 16

TW: mention of suicide and self harm.

First person POV

Present Tense

Note: I have never been to a mental hospital so a lot of details will probably be wrong so I apologize.
Peter~
------------

We stand outside the doors of the hospital, Dad brought me here for treatment. I know I need it but I don't want to go, not with the way I left Pops. God all the things I said to him were horrible. I stare at the ground as I think about everything I said to Pops yesterday, the feelings of regret for saying all of it.

"You ready?" Dad says causing me to look up from the ground and get out of my thoughts. He's holding me medium sized duffle bag in his right hand. He gives me a hopeful smile and I nod. Then we walk in, through the double glass doors and into the lobby area where we're greeted by two women at the front desk.

"Tony Stark?" The short brown haired women asks causing the long black haired to look up from her computer.

"Hi, I called yesterday night about my son Peter." He states to the two women as I stand there quietly, not making eye contact with either of them.

"Oh yes, I remember Lucy telling me about it." The black haired says and stands up. Then she looks over at me. "Peter right?" She says, she's young, dark skinned, and looks to be about in her late 20s. I nod to her but don't speak.

Then the brown haired women steps closer to me, "We're glad to have you here Peter." She says then hands me a bag to place my phone and other items in. Then she hands me some scrubs and directs me to a bathroom nearby, it's a unisex one. I enter the one stalled bathroom and lock the door behind me. Then get changed, but I don't remove the binder... I can't. When I finish I wash my face and I walk out. When I walk back into the lobby room I expect them to make me go take the binder off but they don't. Instead the brown haired women hands me a form to sign. I promise form that pretty much says I'll wear the binder safely and that I won't harm myself. Kind of like a code I guess.

I take the pen from her hand and sign the form then hand it back to her. She smiles and directs me to my Dad to say goodbye. I stand in front of Dad for a moment then hug him tightly and he hugs me. "I'm sorry." I mutter as I press my face into his chest. Then he hugs me tighter, "Just get better." He replies before letting me go. Then the black haired women hands me my bag after she's finished checking it. Then I'm directed to the actual building as I wave gooodbye to Dad. Then I go through the door with the brown haired women, she tells me her name is Jane, and she brings me to my room.

The room is practically empty, looks like a patient room in a normal hospital but without all the supplies. It has a twin sized bed, a few selves, and a dresser. "Feel free to unpack your things and you have a meeting with your therapist in an hour Peter."

"Thanks." I say and then she leaves. I put the bag on my bed and unzip it. There's not any clothes in it since the hospital requires I wear scrubs and the underwear they give me. So the bag has my favorite blanket and pillow, my elephant stuffed animal, a few pictures of Dad, Pops and I and then photos of Wanda and the team and I.

I begin by making the bed with my blanket, pillow, and stuffie, then move to placing the photos on the selves and dresser. When I finish I realize I still have twenty minutes until I meet with the therapist. I grab one photo of Dad, Pops, and I at Disney World, it was taken in front of a fountain with flowers surrounding it. I was thirteen when it was taken, when we were all happy.

I guess I lost track of time since a man with the name tag that reads 'Jarren' enters my room. "Hey kid, it's time for your session with Dr. Haram." He says nicely with a comforting smile on his face.

"Oh, alright." I say and get up. I then follow him through the halls of the building. We walk through a large room where a lot of the other residents seem to be playing cards, or watching tv, or just generally talking. Then we walk past them and into the next hallway and then we enter another room. It's medium sized and about the same size as Dad's office at home. The room has a nice warmth to it. There's a comfortable chair and a couch with pillows and a soft blanket laid across it. Then there's a whiteboard on the wall and a desk near the opposite wall. Then there's a medium height brunette with medium length hair sitting in the chair. She has a warm welcoming smile on her face and a notepad on her lap.

"Alright Peter, I'll see you in a few hours for the full tour of the building." Jarren says before exiting the room. The door closes lightly behind him and I stand there awkwardly.

"Hello Peter, I'm Dr. Haram but you can call my Sidney if you want. Please, take a seat." She greets and then motions for to the couch. I cautiously walk over to the couch and take a seat. I'm stiff and nervous and don't know what to expect, but this is apart of my treatment and so I sit. I sit because I want to get better.

"So Peter, tell me, what's been going on?" Sidney asks with her comforting voice and comforting smile.

"Well... my dads are getting a divorce, and my boyfriend hasn't talked to me in almost two weeks." I pause then speak again, "And it's my fault."