Chapter 23

Peter~

I open my eyes to see the Oscorp building entrance right in front of us, Loki pulls away from me and gives me a look saying 'are you sure'. I nod my head and she opens the door for me. I walk in as she strays behind, I see Scarlet standing behind her usual post at the front desk. The building that used to be filled of life and excited scientists at work now gives off the energy of a depressing grave yard in the middle of a down pour. Scaret isn't even looking at the door, she stands there staring at the computer screen in front of her with her face showing close to no emotion. I walk up to the desk in the middle of the large lobby and then she looks up at me; still no emotion in her eyes. She looks the most hurt out of everyone here, including me, and I begin to wonder why.

"Hey Scarlet... uhm is Norman here?" I ask. She doesn't say anything in response she just nods and motions towards the elevator. I start to walk past her but when I do she grabs my arm, and then I see emotion in her. It's not what I expected though; It's fear.

"Peter." She whispers, I don't know how she knows my name, I never told her. She sighs and then continues, "Be careful."

I give her a worried look and she lets go before returning to her computer. I look behind me to Loki who has the same fear in her eyes as I do. She walks to my side and the two of us walk into the elevator together; 10 times for worried than we were when we walked in.

Loki~

I step into the elevator with dear Peter, I stand on the opposite side of him; making sure there's plenty of space in between us so I don't do anything stupid like I have been doing recently. Between the holding him so much, and practically cuddling with him on the couch the other day- my crush on him is becoming a problem. I've never had feeling for anyone... but Peter is different and if he's ever going to like me back I have to let him grieve his ex boyfriend and best friend. Even though I wanted to kill the guy myself for the stunt he pulled a month ago.

The lift starts moving upward and the two of us stand in an awkward silence before hearing a loud boom which causes the elevator to shake, pushing me close to him... very close. I tumble over on top of him, my face inches away from him and I feel my face get hot. The elevator stabalizes and I hurry to my feet, turning away from him making my face unseen. Shit. In that half a minute we laid like that I noticed his soft lips, his perfectly round face, perfectly shaped button nose and his soft brown curls were entangled in my large ice-giant hands.

"Loki?" I hear him say. I turn around and quickly regret it as his doe eyes stare worryingly at me.

I swallow, "Y-yeah?" I ask, my voice cracking.

"Are you alright?"

"Yup just fine." I fluster and pull my hair behind my ear along with repositioning my headband. He looks around the inside of the elevator, we've stopped moving and only a few floors down from our destination. That's when I remember the loud explosion. "Peter you might need your suit." I say hesitantly. I've never actually seen him in the suit; only heard details about it.

"One problem" He laughs worryingly, "I don't have it." He does that worried smirk he does when situations get bad; what is with teenagers and humorizing bad situations?

I take a deep breathe and think about the situation; I'm trapped in an elevator with my Peter, something just exploded and we have no idea what, Peter doesn't have his suit so Spider-Man is off the table. Great. "Alright well first let's get out of here so we can adresss the situation. He nods in agreement, changing his expression in a split second to nothing but determination. By Asgard I wish I could have his confidence that he gets before battle.

He uses his strength to open the elevator doors, revealing a room surrounded in fire, great, just fucking GREAT!

"Hello?! Is anyone.. cough.. In here?!" Peter calls out looking into the flames. There is no response, everyone must have evacuated by now.

"Peter we need to get out here!" I yell to the arachnid. He's taking in a lot of smoke and the heat is not good for his spider-half.

"No! We need to make sure no one is.. cough.. In here!" He yells back.

I hear the building crumbling around us; it could collapse at any moment. He starts moving more into the building my heart aches knowing he might not make it out alive. "You can't help anyone if your dead!" I cry, tears starting to come down my face. I know I shouldn't cry since it'll make me even more dehydrated which is never good in a fire.

I cough and then look back into the flames; I don't see Peter. My heart starts to race, no no no... "Peter!" I cry out hoping for a response. He then emerges back in front of me with a little girl wrapped in his arms.

He smiles again, "Turns out it was...cough... 'Bring You Kid to Work Day."' He states. "She said her mom... cough... is already outside...cough... let's go."

I nod and we start making our way to the nearest exit; which is a broken window... 75 feet up. Nothing to be afraid of right? I get to the window and turn around to see Peter not there. Worry again builds up inside as I look around for him and see him and the girl on the ground. The girl sitting next to him and him passed out on the floor. The building crumbles more and ash falls down around the two. I run as fast as I can over to them, not caring that my clothes are getting caught in the fire. I collapse next to them and carefully pick up the young girl and dear spider. Then make my way back to the window with the two in my arms.

I look down, 75 feet, oh boy. Peter is dangling around my shoulders while the little african american girl is wrapped in my right arm with her face pressed against my chest. I see firefighters below us and decide trying to call for help is my best option. "HELP! HELP UP HERE!" I scream flailing my arms hoping to catch someones attention. I don't hear anything from down there but I see several officers look up in my direction. Fire fighters start rushing to the truck and I assume they heard me. We were getting down, and hopefully soon because I don't know how long Peter can last like this.